PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking for LOW profile light bar...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Default RE: Looking for LOW profile light bar...

Mountainbiker do you happen to have any night time pictures showing the light output? Also is there a lot of wind noise from the bar. Sorry about all the questions just excited to get the lights.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: H3 Hummer 64

It looks like the light are encased in the bar, is there a way to change the bulbs when they burn out?
You remove the silver screws and the light assembly is accessible.

ORIGINAL: H3 Hummer 64

Mountainbiker do you happen to have any night time pictures showing the light output? Also is there a lot of wind noise from the bar. Sorry about all the questions just excited to get the lights.
The wind noise is no worse than normal (in my opinion).

I couldn't capture the light output for you. Here is a cr@p one:

Old 01-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Thanks brother.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:42 PM

Mountainbiker you can accomplish all three no problem from the roof channel. The light bar can be adjusted to aim higher or lower by just losing to alan sqs. and moving the cross bar up or down. As far as wind noise I did not get anymore by adding the light bars. I didn't have one of the windshields plastic moldings installed right at first and got some extra noise, I just reinstalled it right and all noise went away. I also applied some black silicon around the holes you drill for the cords to go thru and no air can get into the rail caps to make wind noise.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:50 PM

Sounds good hill. Do any of you have a sunroof? Curious about how the wind noise is with a sunroof. Can you post and or send me some other pics Mountain? Some more angles and up close like that last one?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Mine is in the mail from Hilljob and I have a sunroof. As soon as it gets here I will mount the bar ( that just doesn't sound right does it? ) and take a pic of the alingment for you. I will let you know about the noise factor.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM

I have the Sunroof, I had the dealer add a wind deflector before I brought the car home. There is no difference in noise with it opened or closed.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM

Cool thx guys!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:55 PM

Just checked the UPS tracking, it's not supposed to be here until the 7th. Going to be a long weekend . Will post them for you as soon as I get put on though

Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 AM

Mountainbiker I have another question. I just got my sma light bar in the mail. Looking over the parts list it says "mounting hardware package" I have a bag with the wiring harness and switch but I dont see anything that looks like mounting hardware. Did yours come with screws and such or does it use existing screws from the truck? Please help

Quick Reply: Looking for LOW profile light bar...