PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking for LOW profile light bar...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Default RE: Looking for LOW profile light bar...

ORIGINAL: H3 Hummer 64
I just won that sma light bar off of ebay. I was wonder how hard the install is. Does it use existing bolt holes or do you have to drill? Did you find any tips or tricks that might help me? thanks
If you want to add them to your roof rack channels (like I believe "saywhat" did), it should be very straight forward from the SMA instruction sheet (that should come with the lights).

Old 01-03-2008, 08:42 PM

Did you mount yours differently? Yours look a little closer to the windshield than saywhats.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM

Anyone have a picof hilljob's with lo-pro lights installed? Otherwise that SMA looks like a good fit for me.The factory toplights are an option, but I dont know how much light they can produce.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:57 AM

how low do you need it.tell me the absolute tallest it can be.i will make you one.you will have to give me a couple weeks,but i can do it.if i have to i will mount lights on the front instead of on the top.what lights do you you have.pm me we will talk.i just hate to see a hummer buddy having to spend way more then he has to.my light bar is only 2-2 1/4 inches off the roof,so that might just make it perfect for some frount mounted ligts.we just have to find some

Old 01-04-2008, 10:04 AM

First the SMA does come with the PIAA lights installed. The install is pretty simply. The front set does not mount in the roof channel. You do drill a hole or two but it comes with a templet that you just tape down and then drill. The Wires run down the windshield pillar and go thru the existing hole in the firewall. The rear set mounts on the roof channel. The both hook up to one switch witch looks very factory. I evan ordered the factory ones for down below but went with the one it came with. Good look, you will love the looks.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Here is the hardware the rear SMA set comes with to add them to the roof rail channels

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 AM

hilljob26, if you are thinking of fabricating one of your awesome bars with some lights, here are a few of the SMA one as an example:

Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: saywhat

The rear set mounts on the roof channel.
saywhat-

I haven't installed the rear set yet as I wasn't sure (a) whether I wanted to mount mine in the roof rails or a bit closer to the rear door, and (b) whether or not to tie them into my reverse lights.

My goals for the rear set is to (1) "accidentally" flash inconsiderate drivers, (2) add light for my HitchCAM when reversing, and (3) shed light on equipment I am using that is plugged into my hitch.

Do you think these 3 goals can be accomplished using the roof rail installation method?

Thanks

Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM

Great write up and photos. Thanks. It looks like the light are encased in the bar, is there a way to change the bulbs when they burn out?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:32 PM

those lights look perfect.i would probably still use my base setup as the look is just awesome,and i can hide every bit of wire by running it in the tubes.see about getting a price on some lights and i will see what i can do.if van doesnt want it,im sure someone will

and i think you get get all those things out of your rear light bar

Quick Reply: Looking for LOW profile light bar...