PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking for a Locking Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned

I haven't been able to send people PM's either.. i think it has to do with these guys being too new to send/recieve pm's yet

Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM

Tainter (awesome name), you answered exactly what I was looking for. The locking diffs are essential to my truck purchase. I'll look for the buttons on the dash when shopping around.

The reason they are so important is that I know I'm by no means a hard core enthusiast, but I will have have fun in the dirt too. I'm definately not the off-road-Vin-Diesel type that lives his life one rock crawled at a time, but when I eventually do something as awe inspiring as a Rubicon I want the right equipment. I know I won't be investing in the truly hardcore equipment that costs more than the truck itself. If the factory units were engineered to tackle the Rubicon reliably that's good enough for me.

As far as putting idiots on blast. I have absolutely no problem with that. Pinch whatever threads you need to. Personally, since I've been doing my research on offroading I've read and conversed with so many morons on the subject. It's always an uneducated "Hummers are stupid poseurs", "Jeeps are better than (insert truck)", "My (insert truck) will outdo yours even without wheels!", My FJ pulled your (insert truck) out of the mud. All trucks get stuck sometime. Any truck can get stuck in the mud. My opinion is get the right tool for the job.

Lastly, the CHO site looks nice. I'll register today, and see what groups get together in the SoCal area.

Thanks again,

Mark

Old 06-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rallyrcr
It's always an uneducated "Hummers are stupid poseurs", "Jeeps are better than (insert truck)"
When I hear this jibberish crap from the Jeepers, I merely tell them to look at any online or magazine publication and they'll quickly see that the H3 HUMMER scores better overall than the new jeep wrangler rubicon (which is supposed to be the best jeep ever made).

Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 PM

i thought that jeeps and hummers could do pretty much the same things. i just think the h3 looks better doing it. and, it's pretty comfy on the pavement, too.

Last edited by whatever; 06-17-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rallyrcr
Tainter (awesome name), you answered exactly what I was looking for. The locking diffs are essential to my truck purchase. I'll look for the buttons on the dash when shopping around.

The reason they are so important is that I know I'm by no means a hard core enthusiast, but I will have have fun in the dirt too. I'm definately not the off-road-Vin-Diesel type that lives his life one rock crawled at a time, but when I eventually do something as awe inspiring as a Rubicon I want the right equipment. I know I won't be investing in the truly hardcore equipment that costs more than the truck itself. If the factory units were engineered to tackle the Rubicon reliably that's good enough for me.

Lastly, the CHO site looks nice. I'll register today, and see what groups get together in the SoCal area.

Thanks again,

Mark
3hummers (here) is in SoCal. Send him a PM. I've heard many times that he is a good guy to wheel with and has extensive insight on all the HUMMER lines.!

Good Luck on your search!

TAINTER