PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking to buy an H3

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Default Looking to buy an H3

Hey guys, we're looking around at some H3s and had a few concerns.

I know about the head issue, but a few things I've seen so far, I wanted to ask you guys about.

On the few we have looked at, they're both 2006, and have 80-85K miles. There are bushions (I think) behind each from tire. They seem to be completely falling apart. I'm guessing this is normal wear and tear, but I wanted to see how expensive these are to replace if needed?

On one of them, someone caulked the top of the vehicle down the entire side on both sides. They caulked it where the body meets the top of the vehicle where the roof rack is. Has anyone else seen this issue? Why would they caulk it? Leaking? The sunroof does leak, but the dealer already ordered the seal to replace it. Thoughts?

One has a vin # under the 282K (whatever the exact number is) for the head replacement. If I call GM and they verify the head HAS been replaced, should we be safe? If it has NOT been replaced, does GM replace this free of charge, or what do they do at this point?

Thanks guys!

Old 06-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Sunroof drain problems are common, most people are ignorant of the easy fix. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/

No amount of caulk will unplug the drains that cause the leak.

When they leak, water goes down the passenger side A Pillar and often gets the BCM wet, which can lead to failure and many different electrical Gremlins. I would take it for a LONG test ride and then have it scanned for any problems still in history.