PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Lookin to lift...Anyone use Shackles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Man I didnt think there is any way this truck would turn 37s lol. Your truck looks really good, I would love to see it next to mine to compare but you also have 2 more inches of tire plus the lift. I am just having a hard time debating on whether or not to get the lift due to: 1) Not really all that big of a jump, its really only 3 inches for $2k, I dunno if youd "really" see the difference. 2) I dont offroad, how is it gonna ride with a whole new suspension set up on the street as a daily driver

Dirtman: My tires dont rub at all, I was really scared when I picked them up from the shop. I said wow there is no way these are going to fit my truck. With a minor adjustment of the torsion bars it turns lock to lock on the steering and doesnt touch anything. I did hear it rub one time when I was backing down my driveway with the tire turned but thats it.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 AM

what kind of milage difference is there between 33"s and 35"s?
I'm looking at the duratracs but can decide on size.
I like the look of 35"s but the h3 is my winter daily driver. I do weekend wheel from time to time too.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:53 PM

CS's you will do 33's and then say you should have got 35's. The gas mileage isn't that bad.

Tshepp, it actually does very well on the 37s. I still haven't done a pcm tune yet which is hopefully in the close future. I do a lot of driving for work and this is my daily driver. I get about 300 miles on a full tank which isn't amazing but isn't bad either. I don't have any pics of it next to one with 35's, but it's a pretty sizeable difference with the lift on it. Sometimes it looks like it's not that big but when i put it in the garage it is massive

Old 03-11-2010, 02:58 PM

well I have 33's now. so 1-2 mpg?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:00 PM

Lift it, 3-4 inches might not seem like much on paper but it looks a whole lot different when it is on with 35's. I have a Rancho lift and Rockstars sitting in my garage waiting for a day that's above freezing. The Rancho is also a much better lift than Tough Countrys, but it's also twice as much.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:09 PM

I thought tough country made the rancho lift?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
. The Rancho is also a much better lift than Tough Countrys
Care to elaborate??

Old 03-14-2010, 01:31 PM

It is just better designed. There are several threads about issues with the TC lift, Most notably their design of the bump stops among other things. Tc also does not keep stuff at the factory angles, So more wear and tear on things. Pay more now, Or pay more later.
I'm not a big fan of the Rancho's price tag, and that's before shocks, I only got it because of a screaming deal on craigslist.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:21 PM

I used shackles to bump up the rear after I put the snugtop and a toolbox full of crap in. It put it up a little above stock, and I used pow profile shock mounts to keep the factory shocks.
Name:  CIMG1176.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  107.3 KB

Old 03-15-2010, 10:50 AM

Well Im thinking about grabbing a set of torsion keys, 2" shackles, and maybe the bilstein shocks up front, I just dont want to end up having the rear higher than the front...

Quick Reply: Lookin to lift...Anyone use Shackles?