PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Lookin to lift...Anyone use Shackles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Default Lookin to lift...Anyone use Shackles?

So I have been wanting/planning to lift my h3 for a few months now. My original plan was to get the Tuff Country 4" lift until this weekend. I cranked up my T-Bars and put my new 20" Rockstars with 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers and holy cow. I really underestimated the size of 35s on this truck. The tires are HUGE and the truck looks really beefy, I am thrilled to say the least. After sitting in the driveway with a few friends and gawking at my truck my two friends told me that if it were their truck they wouldnt waste the money on a Tuff Country lift. I have been thinking all along I want to lift the truck as big as possible, but spending 1500-1600 on a 4" kit (that realistically says its 4 in the front and 3 in the back, so I would only really get 3" all around) just doesnt seem worth it anymore. I found a kit online that uses torsion keys up front and 2" lift shackles in the rear that says it will give me a 2" lift, which I think is a decent idea. What do you guys think? Has anyone done this, is it possible to use a 2" lift shackle on the back and put the new bars on front and crank them up to level it out? I just dont wanna throw the Tuff Country on and find out its not all that much taller...Help?

Old 03-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Hey man can you post a pic of your truck w the 35's on the rockstars? i have recently bought the torsion keys for my h3 and next time im planning on putting 35's on my rockstars instead of 32's... let me know... thanks..
________
Arx-02A

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 AM

Dirtman your truck looks awesome !! nice job

Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM

Heres some shots of my truck now, I really am in love with it after this wheel/tire combo but I just always wanted a "Big" truck thats kinda why I wanna lift it, all my friends are saying leave it alone...Im stuck on what to do...

CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS:

Last edited by TShepp; 03-10-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM

Wow, is all I have to say. Your rig is exactly what I'm planning to do to mine, right down to the tinted corner lights (how did you do that by the way?).
I say forget the lift completely. It looks great the way it is, and has a lower center of gravity which would be better for the trail and rollover posabilities. My .02

Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM

Well my truck is just for show, I dont think I will be doing any offroading in it anytime soon...To tint the corners and tails my buddy did it for me...Its done by mixing black paint and clear coat and spraying a few layers on until you get the right desired tint. The truck does look like a beast right now I just wish it was a tad taller...

Old 03-10-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm actually about to do the same thing (minus the rims) but I think you should leave it man. Looks sick

Old 03-10-2010, 09:07 PM

I dunno, after alot of searching and picture viewing I actually think it looks pretty beefy with no lift. I still wanna do shackles and keys to maybe get between 1-2" out of it still, but I am leaning towards saving the $2k on an actual lift...especially since it really is only a net gain of 3", if it was more like 5" it would be different. So anyone have any info on using shackles??

Old 03-10-2010, 11:27 PM

well here's mine with the 4" rancho kit. I'm running 37's and am about to do the shackle on the back...the weight of the tire drops it a little bit. I'm also about the add mud grapplers for a more aggresive look

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  60.2 KB

Old 03-10-2010, 11:53 PM

TShepp it looks awesome dude.. check out the pics of my truck on my website i have listed in my signature.. Do your tires rub at all now that you have the front end cranked up? Im so ready to put 35's on mine but Im nervous that they may rub...

ZipTieMan, I appreciate it...

BTW, Does anyone know where I can find a horizontal billet grille? I have been looking all over so I thought id ask yall..
________
Lolol

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Lookin to lift...Anyone use Shackles?