PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Loaner Car Woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Default RE: Loaner Car Woes

Hummeror a Caddy that's what i get.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:33 PM

The owner ofthe Hummer dealership also owns the Chevy dealership down the highway, guess that's why we got the minivan. BTW, we purchased the H3 while the Chevy dealer was stilldualed with Hummer and the place was a bit tired.This was ourfirst visitto the new Hummer exclusive brand location and it's very nice,a realHummer paradise.

According to the dealer, they don't work onthe individual heads anymore butjust swap them outas an assembly. As soon as the part arrives, they claimthat they will turn around our truck in a day.

I didn't think to ask but I assume it'll be a reman instead of a new head. Am I on the right track? Ithink even a reman will be okay because they're more likely to be assembledaccording tofactory specifications than one done atfield level.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 AM

it's a new head. they are now bieng sent as a whole package with everything needed as before they had to order every part they needed for the repair.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

My dealership says: for a HUMER of any kind, the Loaner is either another HUMMER or a Caddy...
And I didn't even buy it from them in the first place...Bob Moore Hummer, OKC is the best!
My dealer is the same way. I've never left there with anything but a rental H3 or a Caddy.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Just got a rental yesterday from my dealer...Cadillac CTS.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 AM

My dealer is a Cadillac/Hummer dealership...They have an Enterprise rental company within the building. They did try to stick me with a Saturn the last time they had it for a week. I said OH NO NO NO, I drive a Hummer not a Saturn and this is NOT acceptable to me!! OK perhaps this sounds a little snooty, but I bet many caddy owners refuse to drive less than a comparable vehicle. This is also south FL and I prefer to drive an SUV around most of the time rather than a little compact car for safety factors. (Bear in mind I also turned the loaner down when they had my H3 a week for the head replacement - but then I decided the 2nd time around OK if they are going to keep my H3 a week every time I take it in for something then I might as well put the miles on one of theirs!) I had to wait a couple hours for a caddy so they offered to take me to my office and then picked me up when the caddy loaner came in. That is service!

Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

snooty

Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM

New head assembly is good, makes me more than happy enough to want to come backto the brand againand we'll get our truck back the same day when the parts arrive.

Overall, I'm very happy with the service we have received so far. The dealer was tenatious in tracking down our intermittant air-bag warning problem, replacedthe roof trim,fixed the driver-door check strap, and diagnosed the head issue in less than a day. The free loaner is icing on the cake and something we never got from any other brand. We also like the free detailing included with each service. Next time I'll ask fora Hummer or Caddy and makewifeyhappy too!

This trip to the dealer was only our second trip back for warranty, the first was ablown turn-signal bulb that failed during our trip home from picking up the new truck. No biggie andthey replaced it for us the next dayin about 15 minutes while we waited.

After one year and about 13,000 miles of service, the truck is just as tight as the day we purchased it and the interior is still like new with no signs of wear. I'll keep recommending it.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Crash

The only time I've had to deal with this was after hitting a deer and they had the truck fortwo weeks.. They pointed me down the street to Enterprise.. The daily rate on an H3 as a walk-in is like $75 a day.. Through the dealer it was $40.. Of course insurance only allows $25 or so leaving me with the rest... I had access to a company truck so I didn't bother with a rental MOST of the time..The downside was that the Hummer Happening was the very next weekend.. So I went for the rental H3 for the weekend..

$65 to do this..

Was that a dealership vehicle or Enterprise vehicle?