PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Loaner Car Woes

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
Default Loaner Car Woes

Okay, here's the deal. Just dropped off our H3 for the valve issue. The dealer pulls a nice new Chevy Minivan aroundfor us to drive while the work is being done. I'm a happy camper, it's free and I nevergot this level of service with any other car before. In fact, I'm already planning my trip to Home Despot to pick up the panelling I've been eyeingfor the garage and to the local nursery to pick up the field stones Ineed for agarden wall project I'm planning for this Spring, all while I'm filling out the paperwork. I've maximized this stroke of good luck and all is right with the world!

On the other hand,someone else in my family is upset, said she wouldn't ever be seen drivinga minivan.Needless to say, she'll be driving my carbut I'm stillhappy because I won't have to arrange or shell out for a rental for me to drive.

Anyway, is this normal or should one expect a loaner car of equal or greater value?

Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Default RE: Loaner Car Woes

They gave me a tiny import POS. I got greased up and said a few choice words under my breath. Sucks!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:25 PM

From things I'VE READ, in the States, the should give you a loaner of EQUAL value of your ride.

Here at my DEALERSHIP, they have an Enterprise rent-a-car in the building that they use for "LOANERS", and I think the nicest vehicle I've seen there(Enterpise) is a couple of Tahoes(which I finally got)!!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:33 PM

X2 on Hummbob's answer...they should giveyou a loaner of equal value of your ride.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM

My dealership says: for a HUMER of any kind, the Loaner is either another HUMMER or a Caddy...
And I didn't even buy it from them in the first place...Bob Moore Hummer, OKC is the best!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

From things I'VE READ, in the States, the should give you a loaner of EQUAL value of your ride.

Here at my DEALERSHIP, they have an Enterprise rent-a-car in the building that they use for "LOANERS", and I think the nicest vehicle I've seen there(Enterpise) is a couple of Tahoes(which I finally got)!!
What they are suposed to do and what they do do are wat too different things...the ********...Last time I had a loner for my AV they gave me a canyon...that freakin thing barely made back to the rental shop after i got done with it...[>:]

Old 03-12-2007, 09:59 PM

A Canyon, you lucky son-of-a-gun, think of all the leaf mulch you could have shoveled into it from your town's recycling center!

Okay, I've got the picture. My wife is right, AGAIN, and I'm the shmoe!

Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 PM

anytimeour 06 was at the dealer we got a H3 or a H2
the last time our 06 was in the service guy told us that there has been so many wrecked
from loaners and dealer cars for the white collars to drive around they stopped doing the loaner
thing and went to enterprise..
enterprise is right around the corner and they have H3sfor the hummer owners as a rental
and the dealer covered the cost of the rental just not the ins.
but ur full coverage on ur H3 rolls over to the loaner while ur driving it

Old 03-13-2007, 05:13 AM

The only time I've had to deal with this was after hitting a deer and they had the truck fortwo weeks.. They pointed me down the street to Enterprise.. The daily rate on an H3 as a walk-in is like $75 a day.. Through the dealer it was $40.. Of course insurance only allows $25 or so leaving me with the rest... I had access to a company truck so I didn't bother with a rental MOST of the time..The downside was that the Hummer Happening was the very next weekend.. So I went for the rental H3 for the weekend..

$65 to do this..

Hey Butch.. You ready to go wheelin' yet...?? LOL

Seriously, we're going over to Superlift in Hot Springs on the weekend of the 31st. We'll be gentle...

Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Her's the thing, if you bring your h3 in to a gmc,hummer dealer you get whatever they have as loaners, most of the time they will be cheaper than your truck. This is why I bring mine to a hummer/caddy dealer. Their loaners have to be acceptable to caddy owners so they are all cadillacs. I always get a nice new Cady CTS when I bring my h3 in. I look forward to when something on the h3 breaks.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car Woes