PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIGHT BAR WIRING

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Default RE: LIGHT BAR WIRING

I almost forgot don't forget to just pull the air intake cover off and you have a clear view of the engine area! Just pull up on it hard and it comes right off. Snaps right back on.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:21 AM

lets see some more pics of that.it looks pretty nice

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 AM

Thanks Saywhat and Rhill 20...Great info! Just what I need! I'll post some photos when its finished and back from the powder coater.

Hummer forum rocks!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:25 AM

I think you should make another and sell it tothe senior moderator here for cheap....

Old 01-07-2008, 10:49 AM

I have an '07 H3X with the chrome OEM roof rack. Has anyone thought of mounting lights on the front bar? I realize you wouldn't be able to move it anymore but that's not a problem as long as you can adjust the rear bar. The bar is hollow so the wires can be run inside the bar. Any thoughts?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM

problem with that is that the lights will be so far back on the roof that you'll get terrible glare from the light bouncing off the roof....plus there will be no way to adjust the lights to shine down where you want it.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: D VADER
I have an '07 H3X with the chrome OEM roof rack. Has anyone thought of mounting lights on the front bar? I realize you wouldn't be able to move it anymore but that's not a problem as long as you can adjust the rear bar. The bar is hollow so the wires can be run inside the bar. Any thoughts?
Actually, I have seen this done. Unfortunately, the owner of said light bar was not willing to part with any how-to info.

From what I could see, he took a standard crossbar, and removed the latching mechanism from the base/foot. It was through
the resulting hole in the base, that he bolted it to the roof directly above the driver and passengers heads. Couldn't see
what type of fastener he used, but I would assume it was simply a longer bolt to replace the factory one. Also, it appears
he replaced the rubber filler on the TOP of the cross bar with a piece of flat stock aluminum (polished up) to give his lights
some additional footing.

He was running four"slim" 6 inch lights and the whole rig looked pretty damn stable to be held on with one bolt. The bar
in that position, appeared to be far enough forward for the light beams to clear the roof line and project out onto
the road at a proper distance. Wires looked to be run through the bar, into the base and under the A-Pillar molding down to
the engine bay.

Like I said, this bastiche was proud of his handiwork and wasn't willing to pass on any details.

So........Here are my thoughts on the project.

1. This was one of the cleanest setups I have seen.

2. It looked 100 % factory when paired with the twoothercross bars in the standard location. (Much like the H2's setup)

3.Does it vibrate, cause wind noise, or hold up to a whack by a tree limb.....I don't know.

I've been looking for a busted up set of bars to experiment on, but haven't found a set yet.

I sure would like to know if anyone else has done it and what their experiences were.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:01 PM

GREAT input Gunner!!! Thanks. Now I have to find some nice rectangular chrome lights!
Any input on a website for these lights?