PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Lift/Lower Void Warranty . . .?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Default Lift/Lower Void Warranty . . .?

Just wondering if this is the case. If someone lifts/lowers their H3, does it void the manufacturer warranty?

Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 AM

not that i no, when i raised the front with a ready lift i took it in to the dealer and they had to do a custom wheel alighnment cause i raised it and i have 20in rims and since they have to change some stuff up they charge u a little extra and they never said anything to me and i have had it in a few months back and they covered my warranty but if u are that concerned call and ask them but i would be shocked if they said it voids the waranty ig u raise or lower it.

Attached Thumbnails Lift/Lower Void Warranty . . .?-dscf0451.jpg  
Old 04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Default Thanks much.

I'll give them a call and see what they say.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 PM

It wouldn't void it, but if a part breaks in the suspension, and could have been caused by the modification, it will not be covered under warranty. As long as you don't expect to get anything on the suspension covered, even if it looks unrelated, the rest of the warranty would be fine.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
It wouldn't void it, but if a part breaks in the suspension, and could have been caused by the modification, it will not be covered under warranty. As long as you don't expect to get anything on the suspension covered, even if it looks unrelated, the rest of the warranty would be fine.
Thats exactly what the service advisor told me at the Hummer dealer when i asked about doing the torsion bar twist myself.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:50 PM

I can't imagine cranking the torsion bars would result in any issues....though it's good to do an alignment at the same time to avoid strange effects to the ride and tire wear.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM

I have my Torsion bars cranked and have had it in for the front axle boots ripping and blowing grease all over! Twice for the left side and once for the right! the dealer still fixed it under warranty! NICE!!! but they have told me that I need to crank the torsion bars back down!

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by saywhat
I have my Torsion bars cranked and have had it in for the front axle boots ripping and blowing grease all over! Twice for the left side and once for the right! the dealer still fixed it under warranty! NICE!!! but they have told me that I need to crank the torsion bars back down!
Lucky!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:42 PM

Geez. Almost makes it no fun. "Keep it stock." Sucks, unless your bank account is bigger than your HUMMER.

Hummer Guy actually set things straight for me. Everything can void the warranty. Lower/lift, supercharger, you name it. Seems all you can do is change up rims/tires and other small things here and there. But glad he informed me before I did it. Still got 2 years on warranty. Would be a waste to waste it. Unless I can find a "dirty" mechanic!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:51 AM

just do what ever you want

it depends if the part that breaks is directly related to the mod
i had a lift a broke 3 drive shafts and the dealer replaced 2 of them i had to pay for the third
it pays to keep a good relationship with the dealer
just yesterday they rang me to buy parts so the car that they had could be ready before easter.
the guy doesn't know how lucky he is
i just hope that i don't break that part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quick Reply: Lift/Lower Void Warranty . . .?