PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Leveling made my ride squirly....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Default RE: Leveling made my ride squirly....

Glad I stumbled onto this thread..I really need those bumpstops!! I leveled mine out but used pro comp shocks, which are softer than the bilsteins, which makes for a nicer on road ride ( and good off road ), but the front end dips more than I would like when I brake. Hopefully these will help...

They look easy enough to install??

Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 PM

the comment about getting used to the new ride is corect, with your 350z you had at tire that had a side wall of about an 1.5" to 2" with the H3 you have a side wall of about 5" - 6" that alone will feel wierd and kind of "floaty" I had that feeling when i went from a Z24 with 17x7.5" gottie 2002 rims and 225m x 45% x 17 tires, to my Blazer Zr2 with 32x11.50's (305m x 80% x 15) you can see the difrence 4" make (i know there is a comment in that) that coupled with the slower reaction of the H3's suspension it would make you think that its a little "squirly"

Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 PM

i got extended shocks and extended bump stops from http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?cPath=112_119_78_448super fast delevery too.........

Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerBoiCMH

i got extended shocks and extended bump stops from http://www.trailduty.com/index.php?cPath=112_119_78_448super fast delevery too.........
Were the bump stops easy to install?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

The bump stops are super easy to install. The stock ones pop off with a large screw driver or medium pry bar, you will see two tabs in the cup that hold them in place, a bit of prying there with a firm wiggle or two gets them off.Put some liquid dish soap on the new ones and they pop right on, you might have to poke the new ones where the two tabs are to get it all the way in place. 15-30 minute job tops.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

BTW....hows it goin mfish? Good to see you stopped by.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM

Hey Doc, things are going good. Been out of the forum action for awhile but I'm making a comeback..hopefully it will last since my lease is up next month..I'm hoping to buy it at lease end but I should of done my homework when I signed the damn lease..I'm kinda gettin screwed[:@]

My residual is more than I would like it to be and after talking to GMAC their policy is THEY DO NOT NEGOTIATE RESIDUALS ON LEASES. So for all of you hoping to get a deal when your lease is up forget about it, you owe whats on your contract and thats that.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Hopefully you can un-do the mods you did to yours pretty easilly. You can swing in to the dealer and get a 3.7L 2009 Adventure for about 22K right now. (Low miles LOL).

Then re-install the mods on the new one.

Change of color,...no miles,...better window switch location,...more power. You'll probably want to thank them for taking it in the shorts on the lease turn-ins, just so that you can get a fresh one.

I actually had an offer from the dealer and GMAC 7 months ago about a pull-ahead. They wanted tolet me out of the last 6 months of my lease,...and lease me a 2009 base for $229 a month. Turned out that was with$1,800down or so,...with just fees down it worked out to $275 a month.

They don't seem to be doing that anymore,..but you could check.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:56 PM

I'm considering getting a newer one with low miles, I probably could for less than my residual, but right now I have the adventure and lux pakcages, and a sunroof, all of whichI would hate to loose if I got another one, and more than likely a comparably equipped model would be more than my residual..and I dont have much of a down payment right now..so I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place[&:]

I need to start shopping around, I have to turn it in november 21st..

Old 10-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Our truck started feeling a bit less like it should. I ended up rechecking the crank only to find it had settled. I had the alignment done with 23.5" on the front, when I checked it was 23", a quick crank back to 23.5" and all is well again.
Not sure how much was settling over the past 12,000 miles or just the additional weight of the Rocky Road sliders vs. the factory nerfs.

Quick Reply: Leveling made my ride squirly....