PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LED Tail light Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 08:16 PM
Default LED Tail light Assembly

Has anyone got the Eagle Eyes LED replacement Tail lights ? I tried them and could not get them to work properly. The turn signals would not work it the tail light plug was connected. Unplug the tail plug, flash properly. Plug the tail plug in, tail worked but only the lights in bumper would flash. I also found other post that the cruise would not work with the LED Tail lights. Ended up sending them back.. Ideas on assemblies that work ??

Old 05-22-2016, 04:32 AM

I forgot the brand of mine but another member has the same lights. I noticed when the flasher is on the lower bumper and tail lights alternate during the flash. This was confirmed with that other member with the same lights. Everything else works fine, cruise control and everything else.

I learned to live with it though. Here in AZ everyone loves to rear end you at a stop so the alternating flashes hopefully catches everyone's eyes a little more.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:47 AM

Thanks for the reply LoJac. I could live with the alternating but it canceled the flash in the light assembly all together...

Old 05-24-2016, 09:50 PM

I bought them from ebay so long ago I can't pull them up in the purchase history. They are the lights with the full panel LEDs in rows. The include a resistor pack you can plug in for each light. For my year it said not too but without it they acted weird.

Old 08-27-2016, 05:42 PM

Sorry to tag onto this old post but I just purchased the LED aftemarkets for my 2008 h2 even after reading of needing some possible workarounds. When I took my old lights off which were an aftermarket also, it looks like the previous owner custom wired them too, so I need to cut all the wires and create new connectors etc, so I really need some wiring diagrams. Anyone have anything like that? I can't seem to find anything online. Or even just advice from others who've already done this install as I see quite a few H2's with these exact lights?

Light on left is one i'm removing.. One on right is new one with already wired connectors.

Thanks again,

Attached Thumbnails LED Tail light Assembly-imag0175.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 05:01 PM

Are you sure you cant remove those bulb holders, remove the bulb and push the black male plugs into the light socket on the new lights? That is how they are meant to install.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:41 PM

Yea, sorry I did end up just plugging into sockets and all worked well after reading that somewhere. Flash still alternate when brake and turn signal are on too.

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Are you sure you cant remove those bulb holders, remove the bulb and push the black male plugs into the light socket on the new lights? That is how they are meant to install.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:53 AM

Mine do the same. Another member I met here in AZ also encountered the alternating flashing between the brake and lower bumper lights. It used to annoy the hell out of me but now I think of it like an accident deterrent. The alternating hopefully makes people look up from texting so they don't rear end me lol.

I have tried all sorts of different wiring configurations using jumper wires to see if I could get the alternating to stop and I couldn't. I thought about messing around with diodes and resistors but never got around to it. Just doesn't make sense why they alternate.