PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

lease buy out bull

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Default lease buy out bull

i just called gmac about buyout. told the girl that because of gas prices and economy that it only makes sence to negociate new buyout price. i have 06 lug pac. 24000 buy out! i said i cant find a dealer selling one for that price. she said that the buyout price is what it said on paper.my question is who do i talk to beyound this girl. i also posted a question a while ago about this and people were saying that they were going to sell at any price. what happened?

Old 10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Default RE: lease buy out bull

Why not just get a new one? They seem to prefer to sell new ones instead of lease buyouts,...to the extent that I can get a new '09 for less than they wanted for my 27,000 mile 3 year old lease.

I can;t figure it out either.

Here at least, they're doing employee pricing for everyone,...and a fully loaded Luxury Edition is $26K,..and a mid level is 22,...base 21k

Old 10-19-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: boomer

i just called gmac about buyout. told the girl that because of gas prices and economy that it only makes sence to negociate new buyout price. i have 06 lug pac. 24000 buy out! i said i cant find a dealer selling one for that price. she said that the buyout price is what it said on paper.my question is who do i talk to beyound this girl. i also posted a question a while ago about this and people were saying that they were going to sell at any price. what happened?
You agreed to a $24,000 buyout when you signed the lease. They have absolutely no incentive to negotiate that price. Unfortunately, your options are few. Be thankful that you're not the one who is stuck with a $16,000 car for which you paid $24,000 (that's one of the advantages of leasing). It would make sense for them to reduce the price if you would agree to a lower price than they're likely to fetch in the current market but, frankly, that's unrealistic, given that you're not likely to accept a price that is higher than the market price of the car (I don't know what that price might be, but consider that new '08s are selling in the low 20's right now).

Old 10-20-2008, 11:55 AM

Go back to the dealer you leased it from and when they find out they will be getting it back, which they don't want they can call for to to see if they can get a lower price for you to buy it. Worse case like they say is you turn it in and re-lease a brand new 09 !!

I'veleased all of mine for 10 years now and I've either sold mine out right or turned them in and walked out with a brand new truck & lease.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: BMJM100
I'veleased all of mine for 10 years now and I've either sold mine out right or turned them in and walked out with a brand new truck & lease.
Seriously, someone wrotea lease on the Lotus..?? Impressive..