PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

The 'leans"

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 11:42 AM

Could always get a custom tune and have the air ride portion removed. I'm still going to try removing them.

I assume that the bags and the rear air are on different valves? I was thinking about that last night in bed, how I can get the air out of the lines without messing around too much. I want to try to duplicate the movements of the suspension and try to get my normal "level" set on the truck button. Then maybe I can leave the arm in "level" and it won't matter. Doubtful though, since yours didn't work either.

Steve

Old 10-31-2015, 12:40 PM

Name:  IMG_4640_zpsq7k0vntr.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  200.1 KB

This was where the left sensor sat before I removed the air bags. Right side was very close, so gonna try that level when I get home Wednesday. I have an 80-mile drive from the airport to experiment.

If you look at the compressor module with it removed, you can see two seperate valves for leveling and rear air servicing. Looks like the air for the bags runs thru a dryer first, but the service side is a straight shot from the compressor. I'm also thinking this is actually an intelligent system; it may run a diagnostic check when the truck is started and knows when you're trying to BS it. Or it may just be that it's really sensitive, and if I don't get the level sensors exactly right it may never stop with the message.

One member in another thread said he removed a relay in the left front wheel well behind the spindle mount at that cured the message. Didn't work for me the first time, might try it again.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:30 PM

the removal of the relay didnt work for me, either. it kept the service on all the time instead of not at all. i will probably try to get my arms loose this weekend and take it for a ride to see if it works. it only takes me 5 miles and it is on already for the first time.

does yours kick the compressor on at start up for a very short time? I think you are right with the diagnostic test! never really thought about that, i just figured it was trying to build pressure in the system to get it level which is where the problem came in. it shuts the compressor off since the compressor shows full pressure but the sensor doesnt read the same height so it triggers the code.

idk...
steve