PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Larger Tires / Better Wheels / Lift Kit .... HELP - PLEASEEEEE !?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:14 PM
rsc

Lolzzzz

Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
WOW, krackhead! You can mess stuff up like krazy can't you. Put down the pipe brother anddon't wheel high!
Hey Taint er... Did I say anything that wasn't true? NOPE?!?!?

Old 05-22-2013, 08:40 AM

[QUOTE=Xlr8n;297731]ATTENTION to anyone new to the forum that might stumble onto this thread:
Had he ever had the urge to take off the front skid of any of his lifted H3's, the front diff would be looking him square in the face. He must not even change his own oil.

Well 1st off if you read my post... I was talking about diffs that are not effected by a lift. The front diff is effected by a lift because it independent... Not the rear.

Use some common sense before posting. Stupid people. lol

Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Are you telling me, that I wasted $30.00 bucks on royal purple max synthetic, and wasted 15 minutes of my time, doing a drain and refill, on that pumpkin' lookin' part on the front, that I thought was a differential?
Another thing, why do I have all the "4" control buttons on my dashboard above my stereo? Those fake too?

Again... If you read the what I posted... You would see I was talking about ground clearance.... You only have one diff to "worry" about. Kind of obvious when I used the words (it's independent)

Sorry I posted that through my phone... could I have said it better???
Yes, but I think most smart people got what I was talking about.

The ones who didn't understand that are the ones who just like to argue for the sake of arguing. lol

Last edited by stevelnew; 05-22-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM

[QUOTE=stevelnew;297773]
Originally Posted by Xlr8n
ATTENTION to anyone new to the forum that might stumble onto this thread:
Had he ever had the urge to take off the front skid of any of his lifted H3's, the front diff would be looking him square in the face. He must not even change his own oil.

Well 1st off if you read my post... I was talking about diffs that are not effected by a lift. The front diff is effected by a lift because it independent... Not the rear.

Use some common sense before posting. Stupid people. lol
and that's only true of lifts to a certain height on ifs systems. the H3 would have to have a custom kit built to achieve that, and be pointless, but many full size and heavy duty GM pick ups out there lifted 10-12" that the kit required them to install a drop/indexing bracket to lower the front dif to retain geometry. The H3 kits are not because the lift is not big enough and the difference in geometry angle can be made up solely in the knuckles.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to clarify. many people who join forums are unknowledgable about how vehicles work and may read that statement and think it applies to all ifs systems.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=staggs;297775]
Originally Posted by stevelnew

and that's only true of lifts to a certain height on ifs systems. the H3 would have to have a custom kit built to achieve that, and be pointless, but many full size and heavy duty GM pick ups out there lifted 10-12" that the kit required them to install a drop/indexing bracket to lower the front dif to retain geometry. The H3 kits are not because the lift is not big enough and the difference in geometry angle can be made up solely in the knuckles.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to clarify. many people who join forums are unknowledgable about how vehicles work and may read that statement and think it applies to all ifs systems.

Yes and No again... If you torque your torsion bar to gain 1" your front diff will move upward... It doesn't have a certain height on it's system. Whatever that means? Although I'm not saying if you raise it 3" your front diff will go up 3" it may only move 1" or 2" But you will gain ground clearance. True or False?

And I wasn't talking to you really about the arguing... You didn't say anything. I enjoy the discussions about these things... I've learned things from them.

I also don't think really any of us disagrees with each other... The only thing we really disagree on is when it comes to the perfect height... There really is no such thing as the perfect height. It's a personal preference.

I do agree that if you try and lift your hummer by torsion bars alone to achieve 5" of lift, you're not doing your Hummer any good, but to say 23" is the actual best height and to go over that would be foolish, is just nonsense. I've had H3's a lot higher than mine now and never had any issues, and mine now is close to 25" (although it's settled a bit) and it rides like a dream. Your stock Hummer is almost 23"... But if you like the rake look or the stock look that's great, but do try and tell people you are foolish to go a bit higher.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

steve, I have read through a lot of this thread and I don't see how you could say people don't disagree with what you say. I can't remember seeing anyone post up that did agree with you.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
steve, I have read through a lot of this thread and I don't see how you could say people don't disagree with what you say. I can't remember seeing anyone post up that did agree with you.

It's people like 3hummers I'm talking about... This is the type that just likes to argue over nothing. Obviously he hasn't read hardly any post, or he only see's what he wants to see. If he really read though these posts he would see there is lots of agreements... Since he obviously can't read very well... Or maybe I just type to fast for him... We can go through them. ;-)

1) You don't need to waist your money on a suspension lift kit when you can lift it without one.
2) There are some obvious advantages to a lifted vehicle.
3) if you try and lift it ay too high, it's probably not great for your Hummer.
4) The higher you lift it the rougher of a ride you get.
5) you can hurt your MPG by lifting your Hummer.
6) You will hurt your MPG by adding larger tires.
7) A lifted Hummer looks great.
8) A stock Hummer looks great
9) The perfect height for a Hummer is a personal preference.
and last but not least
10) There are people like you who will argue even if I said the sky is blue, you would say, No it more of a Celeste. (a color of blue in case you just thought that was a persons name)

Last edited by stevelnew; 05-24-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:47 AM

Guys,
I'm still here and THANKS A LOT !!!!
Great advice here ....
I put the H3 on the back burner but gonna start the modding soon.
I really appreciate all the great feedback.
I am honored to be a member here.

THANKS AGAIN

Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 AM
Default Hummer H3 Upgrades

Here is most recent video posted on UTUBE...this shows what size tires truly do look good on a Hummer H3...Hope this helps.
Here is the link