PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Larger Tires / Better Wheels / Lift Kit .... HELP - PLEASEEEEE !?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Default Ray

35 inch tires on 18x9 rims, t-bars cranked to level front. I also have the stock rims with 315/75/16 for offroad.

Attached Thumbnails Larger Tires / Better Wheels / Lift Kit  .... HELP - PLEASEEEEE !?!?!?-43.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by dwilton
Here is what I am currently doing to my 2007 H3 Base.

Rancho 4" Lift Kit /w Rancho Adj Shocks.
Eagle Alloy wheels Series 027 - 17x9, Black.
Goodyear MT/R Kevlar Mud Terrain Tires - 35/12.5 R17
Eaton E-Locker Rear.
GM E-Locking Front Diff Asm P/N 25892846 and Eaton Wire kit #29235-00S
new from GM Service Parts for a 2009 H3 Adventure.
Home Made - Custom front tow-hook bumper section similar to a BA
Warn M8000, mounted behind bumper

I currently have my front torsion bars set at 26.5" (after the 4" Lift). I could go a little more. But, I like the rake'd look with the rear sitting a little higher.

The only problem I had is the wheels have about a 4 7/8" back space and it is not enough BS. So, the tire side wall hits the upper control arm (as a result of the new upper control arm location with the new knuckles that come with the lift kit). I will have to add a 1" wheel spacer (to the front's at least) if I want to keep these wheels. 4 1/2" back space'd 17x10 wheels would have been best, now I know...

I will upload pics when I am done. Should be in the next couple days, I hope...

Here is a pic of my 07 with the Rancho 4" lift and 35" MT/R's.
It is just under 7' tall and will still fit in the Garage...

Attached Thumbnails Larger Tires / Better Wheels / Lift Kit  .... HELP - PLEASEEEEE !?!?!?-imag2452.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:01 PM

Nice beasty lookin' H3 dwilton! ^^

Old 01-15-2013, 02:46 PM
rsc

Originally Posted by samkelly
here is the information concerning the FRONT LEVELING SHOCKS YOU SAY DONT EXIST!!!!
NEXT TIME BEFORE BABBLING FROM THAT WHOLE IN YOUR HEAD....DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!

Bilstein Hummer H3 Leveling Front Shock
[F4-BE5-C153-]
Bilstein Hummer H3 Leveling Front Shock
Hummer H3 & H3T
These Bilstein front shocks offer you the travel needed when you level out your Hummer H3, enabling you to keep a good ride.

The stock torsion keys have enough adjustment to get the height needed to level the vehicle. Just crank up the stock keys & replace the stock front shocks with this Bilstein upgrade.

5100 Series shocks feature Bilstein′s superior single tube high gas pressure design for the upmost in consistent fade-free performance and long life. Bilstein′s patented Digressive self-adjusting valving delivers improved damping control and a smooth ride on all road surfaces at any speed.

Bilstein shocks absorbers instantaneously self-adjust to changing road surfaces; in addition, their performance does not gradually decline from age, use or heat, requiring no compensating manual adjustments as with conventional multi-tube shocks.

Features
* Self-Adjusting Deflecting Disc Valving
* High-Flow Piston Reduces Harshness
* Independent Rebound & Compression Tuning
* Larger Working Piston Area for Exact Damping
* Superior Control for Large Diameter Tires

Wow, did you cut and paste that all by yourself?

Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Sam not sure what your point is but shocks don't level the vehicle.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM

I did the 285's didn't jump to the 315's but if your not dedicating it to off-roading, I really suggest the duratrac's the ride wasn't compromised on the street.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Default The Winner

Tainter = 2
Sam = 0

The shocks Sam talks about... "The Leveling Shocks" Are designed for trucks that have been leveled.

Shocks that level your truck out don't even really make sense, if you really think about it. Shocks are designed help with sudden bumps in the road. If you have actually ever held a shock or strut in your hand... You can collapse them all the way easily with just your hands. And that won't hold up a vehicle.

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Sam, you may need to reread what was written. Never said that they don't make shocks for adjusted rigs. I said that shocks won't lift the truck.

Nice tantrum by the way.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM
rsc

The thing is, you shouldn't even NEED a different shock after leveling. If you look at the total travel of the front suspension as having a value of 10 units/inches/apples/whatever (I know it's something like 4" of travel, but for arguments sake lets use 10 ) and your suspension sits at a height of 4 out of a possible 10 but you raise the front until it's level and then sits at, lets say, 7 out of those available 10 units, then the total distance the shock travels doesn't change. The only thing that changed is where the suspension rests at in its normal range of travel. The stock shocks are set for that amount of travel (ok, they are probably about 1/4" too short- hence the 1/2" HUNNER nut mod). A longer shock doesn't make you sit any higher or offer any extra travel beyond the limits of the mechanical stops in the suspension (unless you buy the Rancho shocks which are TOO short).

Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
Nice beasty lookin' H3 dwilton! ^^

Thanks. It has been a lot of work. But, I am really happy with it.

Next step, Going to make some rocker guards...

Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM

Hey Guys. Just a heads up I'm still here. Thanks so much for advising me. My Hummer is fine. Still undecided about Lift Kit. Carry on ...

Much Appreciated

Quick Reply: Larger Tires / Better Wheels / Lift Kit .... HELP - PLEASEEEEE !?!?!?