PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

This is killing me

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Default This is killing me

Hello all! I've been lurking around for a while and must say, there is some very valuable insight and information to be had here. I am dying however because I ordered my '07 H3 4 weeks ago and the dealership doesn't expect me to have it for at least 3-5 more weeks. (Slate metalic blue, Luxury & Adventure Pkgs with 33's, Nav Sys, Chrome, Sunroof). I, for now, am vicariously living through this forum as a (pending) Hummer owner. My immediate add-ons (which were greatly influenced by this forum) will be:

Rugged Roof Rack: http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/produ...T&expand=sub3#

Truxxx Lift Kit: http://www.truxxx.com/hummer_product...3_lift_kit.htm

Stainless Brush Guard: http://www.gstyle4u.com/.sc/ms/dd/H3%20Exterior/955/POLISHED%20STAINLESS%20GRILL%20GUARD%20^2F%2006-07%20HUMMER%20H3

.....sorry for being long winded. Maybe next time I'll have something more valuable to add -- I just had to jump into the game after riding the pine for so long.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Default RE: This is killing me

Congratulations on your pending H3 purchase and all the goodies to go with it! The long wait will truly pay off. We look forward to photos when you finally get it

Old 11-09-2006, 02:06 PM

that lift kit is nothing more than tortion bar keys that raise the front end...total rip off for that price. It's not a true lift in that the rear suspension remains at stock height, this just raises the front end by re-indexing the tortion bars which raise the front to give it a level stance....same thing can be done by simply turning the t-bars to lift the front end....FOR FREE!!!! 35's can fit a stock h3 with nothing more than a few turns on the tortion bars...no need to spend cash on something that is not needed at all. Hell my dealership will even crank the t-bars to level the front end if you ask them....so no...it won't affect anything.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:19 PM

There you go importkiller....thanks for saving me $Hundreds$. All I want to do is level it off anyway.

Old 11-09-2006, 02:42 PM

do a search on here...there are multiple threads about how to crank the t-bars...very simple to so, it will take you a total of five minutes. I have 3 cranks on mine and clear 35's with alot of room to spare...good luck with your 07!!!

Old 11-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Believe me, I hold the CROWN on this forum for long-windedness

Congats on your purchase. Here is just one of the threads on adjusting the torsion bar:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_2595/mpage_4/key_/tm.htm

It's VERY easy. All you need is a 1" 1/16" socket or wrench. The adjuster bolts are just under the car between the front and rear doors. You can't miss it. They turn very easily. Most people turn them at least 2 complete turns, some more, but we have seen that every H3 is different so for some you need more then others. For some of us an alignment was necessary and some it wasn't. I think it's just a matter of personal opinion. Personally I turned mine 2 complete turns and have driving it at least 5k miles since with no uneven tire wear or alignment problems. I would wwait until you break yours in to do that though. Since you have the H3x it may be a little different but probably not.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:37 PM

thanx HummerGuy....I have researched it on the forum and it looks like a 1 1/16" socket is in my future as opposed to a $400+ key set.

Now all I need is my HUMMER!

Old 11-10-2006, 08:45 AM

I was going to order the same lux/adventure (In yellow/ebony) as you but somthing about the H3X in Desert Orange just looks so nice. It will be here before you know it and enjoy. Steve