PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Keys and Fobs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
I forgot about the interference issue scared mentioned. I came out of auto zone once and my remote did nothing. fact is whenii went in it did not lock my h3! lucky me. that store had some data communications eqpt that blocked me for about 100 feet around it.

now its ok. I guess they changed something.
it could happen anywhere with all the "surveylance" going on.
better get your keys working.

id like to find the wire that enables the unlock and have a hidden button to get in.

I had that happen with both my 06 and 08 at the exact same time. We went to dinner at a restaurant when we both exited the vehicles we could not lock either one while standing next to them, but worked fine when we got home.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM

I don't know if this will help your issue, but both key remote fobs for my 2007 H3 broke at the hole where the key ring goes through. I ordered two new ones off Ebay for $10 each.

Instead of paying the stealership to program, I popped open the new ones and removed everything - the rubber, the chip, and the battery. I opened my old ones and put the old rubber, old chip, and old battery into the new shell.

Much to my delight, they worked perfectly, and I avoided having to pay $25 to $50 each to have them "programmed". They pop open pretty easy - you can just use a penny on the bottom slot (below the ring hole) to pop them open.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Did you have a low battery in your h3 or have to boost it or have your battery disconnected? I've had my fobs stop working due to low truck battery. All it took was driving it for a couple of days for it to relearn everything. No reprogramming needed just time. As for the key not working maybe the key lock is seized up from not being used.