PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Keyless remote and Garmin GPS

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Cool Keyless remote and Garmin GPS

Well, this is a strange one. I have a 2008 H3 and recently picked up a Garmin GPS for it. Shortly after getting the GPS my keyless remote started not working intermittently. It took me about two weeks to determine that it was the GPS interferring with the remote's signal. If the GPS is on the dash and powered up, my remote will not function. Anybody have this scenario before?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Banned

i dont know where the remote ant is but gps may physically block it?,unlikely.
just when gps is powered?

when i leave my obd2 scanner plugged in my rem doesnt work
i use a magellan on seat,stuck on windsheild,laying on my hat on the dash, with no trbl.

actually i struggle with the mag and im not in the mood to spend more money to see if other gps is better.
i ALWAYS have a paper map with gps as backup

Old 12-28-2011, 03:32 PM

I have never had an issue with our Garmins nor heard of this issue. Have you tried the simple fix of installing a new battery in your key fob?

By the way, why is your GPS on when your vehicle is locked and you are not in it???

Old 12-28-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by struhmalong
Well, this is a strange one. I have a 2008 H3 and recently picked up a Garmin GPS for it. Shortly after getting the GPS my keyless remote started not working intermittently. It took me about two weeks to determine that it was the GPS interferring with the remote's signal. If the GPS is on the dash and powered up, my remote will not function. Anybody have this scenario before?

I too had a Garmin and now an additional Lowrance GPS (for off road) with roof mounted antenna and I have never had an issue with the remote. Could it be something else ?
Battery replacement was a easy/good suggestion

Last edited by wfturner; 12-28-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by struhmalong
2008....Garmin GPS......NO PROBLEMS

Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 PM

I also have a 2008 H3, + Garmin 276C + no issues...where on the dash is your gps sited????? seems strange though...good luck

Old 12-29-2011, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I have never had an issue with our Garmins nor heard of this issue. Have you tried the simple fix of installing a new battery in your key fob?

By the way, why is your GPS on when your vehicle is locked and you are not in it???

Because most people, think that they live in Utopia, lol. That they can leave GPS's, laptops, purses, etc. in the car in plain view and no one is supposed to go into the car and take it. Heck some do it and even leave the car unlocked. Of course there are the others who go to get gas and leave the car running while they go inside. Now that was a good one,

"Good evening sir, I would like $35 dollars on, ummmm, gee I don't know what the pump number is, It's the car on that pump right over,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hey what happened to my car? Sir did you leave your keys in the car? Uhhh yeah. Then you better call the police.

Oh and on GPS, take the mount off when parked. Thieves are smart, they know you just disconnected it and put it either under the seat or in the glove box, so they bust into the car looking for it.........Oops you took it with you, oh well now you can call your glass man, because the thief saw the mount and assumed that you left it inside.

Oh gee, been in LE too long.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:31 AM

I have a Garmin wired into my system to turn on with the car. I have never experienced any trouble with the keyless entry though.

Keep us posted if you find out the solution.