PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

K&N Intake Vibration on H3

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Default K&N Intake Vibration on H3

Alright guys I just finished putting my the K&N intake system in and I also put in a Gibson exhaust. I got to tell you guys it is definitly noticable and the sound is good.

I only have one complain: I am getting a bit of vibration in the cabin at real low RPMs. Has anyone else expirienced this with the K&N system? Do I need to make a certain modification to get rid of that?

Old 02-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Default RE: K&N Intake Vibration on H3

Is it touching the hood? Other than that you should check for clearance. I have the KN 77 series and have no rubbing. It is rather loud at full throttle but there are no vibrations. Just double check the hood clearance and make sure the clamps are tight and nothing is rubbing. Best way to check for hood clearance is take a piece of foam and set it on the highest part of the intake and close the hood as you normally would and then see if the foam gets squished. Tried it on mine and had about a 1/2 of clearance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1816/FDA0339F69BF44F9BF3058CF4B1674E8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 AM

How was the Gibson to install? How long did it take? That is the same set-up I would like to put on. If you don't mind, would you share the name of the vendor you bought from?That sounds like a real good price. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Thanks for the help guys! I checked to see if the intake system was hitting the hood and that wasn't the issue. I noticed that the heat sheild was hitting the filter so I just made a minor ajustment on the sheild and the vibration went away.

As far as where I got the gibson exhaust, I posted the link below. If you hurry you might be able to still take advantage of the free shipping that they are offering.

http://www.ajusa.com/gibson/?r=gibson&tid=gibson-site

Old 02-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Maximuss32, thanks for the link.

I'll be rolling pennies tonight!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM

That is a good price..

Old 02-19-2007, 02:42 PM

Hey Dennis are you running the aluminized or the stainless set-up? I would think the aluminized would work fine for me. I can't see spending the extra bucks for the SS. Any thoughts?

I'm real close to pulling the trigger on this Gibson deal. Hell if I order today I can get an extra $20 off for Presidents Day.[sm=violent053.gif]

As a matter of fact, I already sent the wifey flowers to soften her up! LOL It's the truth.[sm=love.gif]

Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 PM

The flowers worked!!!!!!

Just ordered the Gibson cat back exhaust. Whoo-Hoo!

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 PM

hi there,

i have a 2006 H3, have installed K&N filter, and i am getting some vibration at low RPM, i have checked when the hood is open, and i can see that the K&N filter is vibrating and its touching the heat shield which makes the noisy sound, does any one advice if i remove the heat shield or any other soloution pls?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM

i had that problem,but i removed the whole setup due to how loud it was when you passed on the highway.....it sounded like it was going to come apart.......crazy...the wife couldnt stand it

Quick Reply: K&N Intake Vibration on H3