PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just a thought

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Default Just a thought

GM sold roughly 35,000 Hummer H3s in 2005 and around 50,000 Hummer H3s in 2006. I have read several postings on this sitein which GM has a backorder of 1100 heads to take care of the number of H3s that have exhibited the head/valve issue. By my calculations that translates into only 1.29% of all Hummer H3s sold in 2005 and 2006 with this problem.

I have counted the number of people that have actually posted on this website that they have a head/valve issue. By my count as of yesterday there were only 21 people who have come onto this site and said I have an engine problem in which the head has to be replaced. I'm not going by the poll just by what I have read. There are1841 people who are registered users on this website. The 21 people represent only 1.14% of the registered users.

If you have had a head/valve problem I'm not trying to make light of your situation. It still is a very serious problem that GM needs to resolve. I'm just trying to assuage some of the fears the rest of us are feeling from all of the recent postings regarding engine problems.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Default RE: Just a thought

That's kinda how I look at it too..Well said

Old 02-09-2007, 10:13 AM

RDoggy, BUT, when youDO go by the poll, there are more that have had the issue.Also, I suspect there are numerous people out there who have had the issue arise who are perhaps not Internet (or research) savvy enough to find this site and disclose it.

However, you alsomake a good point in thatI would like to assume that not every H3 out there that falls into the vin range (pre new design) which would be thousands -will have this issue. I am sure there are far more out there that may never encounter the problem than those of us who have<crossing fingers for them!> The fact that I did have this issue has never made me question my decision to purchase it, NOR taken away one ounce of my love [sm=smiley27.gif]for it!

Old 02-09-2007, 10:41 AM

Nice research RD.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

RDoggy, BUT, when youDO go by the poll, there are more that have had the issue.Also, I suspect there are numerous people out there who have had the issue arise who are perhaps not Internet (or research) savvy enough to find this site and disclose it.

However, you alsomake a good point in thatI would like to assume that not every H3 out there that falls into the vin range (pre new design) which would be thousands -will have this issue. I am sure there are far more out there that may never encounter the problem than those of us who have<crossing fingers for them!> The fact that I did have this issue has never made me question my decision to purchase it, NOR taken away one ounce of my love [sm=smiley27.gif]for it!
If I were to take into account the poll then the figures rise to 2% of all forum members. Also if we were to take into account production numbers from inception through 2/2006 (Instead of all 2006 H3s) then the number rises to roughly 2.5% assuming that the number of head problems is currently only 1100. These numbers are by no means 100% accurate. Only time will tell if the number jumps up drastically or not.

As for me If I were to get rid of my H3 it would be to trade it in for one of those H3xs like the one Kild1 has.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

If I were to take into account the poll then the figures rise to 2% of all forum members. Also if we were to take into account production numbers from inception through 2/2006 (Instead of all 2006 H3s) then the number rises to roughly 2.5% assuming that the number of head problems is currently only 1100. These numbers are by no means 100% accurate. Only time will tell if the number jumps up drastically or not.

As for me If I were to get rid of my H3 it would be to trade it in for one of those H3xs like the one Kild1 has.
Yes, those H3x' like Kild1 has are really sweet.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Dog. You have now started the 273th thread about the Head/Valve problem lol

I like your calculations though. I would assume at least half the people that own H3's out there don't even have internet access. Poor Bastards. Hell, half of the attorneys I work for (probably more) don't even have home computers, literally. It probably is over 2%. Even 1% is abig number in the grand scheme of things.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
JM

Just to follow you, Mike....

France is NĀ° 1 in Europe for Internet acces and NĀ°1 for ADSL lines.
BUT
only 10% of the population has an ADSL line, and less than 50% (I think is 47) has a computer at home.
One strange thing is that, out of the 110 or 120 H3 sold in France, not a single one has got the head/valve problem.
Or at least that what HUMMER France told me this afternoon.

Do you think the type of gas we have in Europe could be different and do you think it could be related to this problem?

just to make fun of the attorneys you work with just tell them that only 8% of the french law firm have a web site[&:]

Old 02-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

We DO have an office or two in France

Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg
I have counted the number of people that have actually posted on this website that they have a head/valve issue. By my count as of yesterday there were only 21 people who have come onto this site and said I have an engine problem in which the head has to be replaced. I'm not going by the poll just by what I have read. There are1841 people who are registered users on this website. The 21 people represent only 1.14% of the registered users.
BZZZZZZZ... You forgot that of that 1841 not all of them are H3 owners.. I'd venture to guess maybe 50% own and H2, H1 or are here just to spam..

Quick Reply: Just a thought