PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just Picked New '09 H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:05 PM

Jimmie, I see you have Connecticut plates. What dealership did you get your H3? I'm in CT too. I got my '09 H3 at Karl in New Canaan. I had a real good experience.

Slim

Last edited by Slim; 03-29-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM

I'm so freakin' jealous ... V8 with Adventure! Congrats on the new ride. Now go lose the nerf bars, put on some rocky road sliders, and go get that baby dirty! Enjoy!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Slim
Jimmie, I see you have Connecticut plates. What dealership did you get your H3? I'm in CT too. I got my '09 H3 at Karl in New Canaan. I had a real good experience.

Slim
Yup that's right CT plates. Back in 2006 we tried to buy from Crowley but they thought they were the only Hummer dealer in town. They would not honor the GM Supplier price and wanted $1500 over sticker. We went to Quirk Hummer in NH and got the GM Supplier price with a good trade in value in five minutes.

Fast forward three years we went back to Crowley when they had a "Hummer closing sale" and tried to buy a 2008. They were closing but were still arrogant - No sale. We waited another 6 months or so until the 08s cleared out and started again for an 09. This time it was hard finding an Adventure the way we wanted it. Ended up being between Allentown, PA and a dealer in New York. New York gave us a much better deal so we took it. So far we have yet to buy a Hummer from CT. We usually negotiate via email/phone and then just drive to pickup the vehicle.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmie
Yup that's right CT plates. Back in 2006 we tried to buy from Crowley but they thought they were the only Hummer dealer in town. They would not honor the GM Supplier price and wanted $1500 over sticker. We went to Quirk Hummer in NH and got the GM Supplier price with a good trade in value in five minutes.

Fast forward three years we went back to Crowley when they had a "Hummer closing sale" and tried to buy a 2008. They were closing but were still arrogant - No sale. We waited another 6 months or so until the 08s cleared out and started again for an 09. This time it was hard finding an Adventure the way we wanted it. Ended up being between Allentown, PA and a dealer in New York. New York gave us a much better deal so we took it. So far we have yet to buy a Hummer from CT. We usually negotiate via email/phone and then just drive to pickup the vehicle.
Very cool. I use to work at Quirk Hummer, back when it was Dobles. I got my 08 from Mcdermott on a lease, not a bad experience at all, but their service department has been lacking the past few months. I got an oil change at Crowley back in December and it wasn't bad, but the place is all run down and the Hummer part is now just storage and they are a little expensive. I ams till debating which Hummer place to go to next for work.

Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by White08H3
Very cool. I use to work at Quirk Hummer, back when it was Dobles. I got my 08 from Mcdermott on a lease, not a bad experience at all, but their service department has been lacking the past few months. I got an oil change at Crowley back in December and it wasn't bad, but the place is all run down and the Hummer part is now just storage and they are a little expensive. I ams till debating which Hummer place to go to next for work.
That's right. It's been so long since we bought the 06. Quirk Hummer used to be Dobles Hummer in 2006. We dealt with Jerry Rowland. Don't know if he still works there.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:08 PM

My H3 buying experience was awesome. Don't know if its too far, but Matt Hess at Hall Hummer in VA Beach, VA was great. Honest, friendly, knowledgable, and accomodating. I can't say enough good things. For validity - I was in no way affilliated with the dealership or sales man.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:39 PM

I bought my 08 H3 from McDermott. It was not a bad deal at all. I kept offering less money and they excepted.

So, I really need to find a Hummer dealer for service, but I will try McDermott first.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:22 PM

I'm glad to hear someone had a positive experience at MCDermott. I used to take my Chevys there only because of the convienence factor of them being up the road from my work. They continually overcharged me for a oil changes. They billed me for five quarts when the owners guide said the capacity was less than four. Not like the $1.50 was a big deal, it was the point of it, plus the attitude of service manager when I called them out pissed me off. The final straw was when they didn't put the oil plug in correctly and got oil stains all over my driveway.

I tried to buy my H3 from them, but they didn't want to get the Hummer I wanted. Karl got me what I wanted without the B.S.

Oh yeah, Crowley...What a bunch of losers. I wasted my gas driving to them only to find out they didn't sell Hummers anymore.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Slim
I'm glad to hear someone had a positive experience at MCDermott. I used to take my Chevys there only because of the convienence factor of them being up the road from my work. They continually overcharged me for a oil changes. They billed me for five quarts when the owners guide said the capacity was less than four. Not like the $1.50 was a big deal, it was the point of it, plus the attitude of service manager when I called them out pissed me off. The final straw was when they didn't put the oil plug in correctly and got oil stains all over my driveway.

I tried to buy my H3 from them, but they didn't want to get the Hummer I wanted. Karl got me what I wanted without the B.S.

Oh yeah, Crowley...What a bunch of losers. I wasted my gas driving to them only to find out they didn't sell Hummers anymore.
McDermott sales dept. beats out their service by 100%, of course if you had a Lexus, it is a different story . I have had a few tangles with that service advisor too. I might try Karl this next trip to get a few things done, I am working down that way a lot it might work out good. Have you used their service dept? Are they good?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chameleon
I bought my 08 H3 from McDermott. It was not a bad deal at all. I kept offering less money and they excepted.

So, I really need to find a Hummer dealer for service, but I will try McDermott first.
Hey Chameleon, did you happen to be down by my way (Southbury) last week or so? I saw a red Hummer heading on the highway by exit 15 towards Danbury and thought it might be you.

Quick Reply: Just Picked New '09 H3