PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just MY .02!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Just MY .02!

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I certainly will commend you on your perfect command of the english language, especially the cussing parts..LOL
LOL! Why thank you Den .. I willhave to give Hollywood that one ... I learned that aspect of your language loooooooooo-oooooooong before I moved here ... :-) I will admit though ... I took American english in school rather than the traditional "stick up the azz" brittish crap ... it probably helped even though I slept or cut that class almost every time LOL! It's all about what you are willing to give up or replace ...and if you have a blind flippin' hatred for where you come from .. it's pretty easy :-)

Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

I certainly will commend you on your perfect command of the english language, especially the cussing parts..LOL
LOL! Why thank you Den .. I willhave to give Hollywood that one ... I learned that aspect of your language loooooooooo-oooooooong before I moved here ... :-) I will admit though ... I took American english in school rather than the traditional "stick up the azz" brittish crap ... it probably helped even though I slept or cut that class almost every time LOL! It's all about what you are willing to give up or replace ...and if you have a blind flippin' hatred for where you come from .. it's pretty easy :-)
Not to get too philosophical, but the other day I finally got around to watching the movie "Babel". Overall I did not think it was a great movie, but one point I think it was trying to make was how a lack of communication destroys and causes unnecessary problems and hardship. People who cannot speak the majority language face larger hurdles, and takes them longer to adjust and make their own opinions and wants understood. I tend to agree with Zyne that if you are going to make such a life-altering decision to move to a new country, you should have prepared and at least have a basic grasp of the language.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:01 PM

I don't think there are any excuses for not doing it OTHER THAN if you are a refugee in which case you're pretty much SOL regardless ... but if a concious, planned decisions ... make an effort please! To the folks who did it's pretty much an insult seeing this go on like it does .. while I see illegals fill certain roles you and I will never fill ... still, it's not an excusefor circumventing the system .. the intent and the attitude that shows at least me ... f*ck em, send em packing!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:24 PM

To quote the great philospher, Gary Sherone of the rock band Extreme in one ofhis songs. " If don't like what your seeing get the *** out!" [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Did I misinterpret that studmuffin? WHY should I "get the *** out of my own country?" Or did you mean everyone else who came here from elsewhere should get the *** out if they don't like what they are seeing?LOL

Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 PM

i was wondering as i am Canadian who made the english rules over there the native americans or the european settlers? how many of you forum members families originated in the USA i would be interested in knowing where your ansestors all came from? i do not want to start an argument i was just observing how you americans hate the mexicans so much........... and that why don't they speak english like they are supposed to.Of your grand,great grand or great great grand parents that settled in the USA how many could not speak english?

Old 04-23-2007, 11:38 PM

I obviously will not speak for everyone here but I will say .. I singled out spanish as the language for the very reason that it is so common to hear. In my opinion I don't care what nationality you are, polish, german, SWEDISH, Brazilian, russian, martian, whatever ... As an immigrant who went through 2 years of hell to get things done the right way .. it's a wee bit difficult to see illegals get away with what they do .. it's also difficult to see folks who don't lift a finger to try to fit in or even something as simple as learning the language .. I adapted to the American life and all that it entails .. well, mostly I should say if I am to be 200% honest .. I think that is just something you need to prepare yourself for when you move somewhere else .. if you want to keep traditions and so forth, why not .. but learn the flippin language at least .. it's not that bloody difficult!

Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 AM

There's that Queen's English coming out now..

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 AM

Karl...I'm 1/4 Native American..For the record...But they aren't really Americans either by your terms regarding imigrants...they immigrated from Mongolia and Eastern Europe...Some zillion years ago...But who cares? The point is, this country was founded by English speaking people. Be that right or wrong the way it came about, but that's the way it is now...So I agree with ZYNE 200%...Learn the language and laws, or forget about living here and enjoying the benefits that comes with the American lifestyle. This includes Canada in my Book, because you folks are Americans too, like it or not...

Lastly, I don't think there is any hatred towards Mexicans or Spanish speaking people on a national level. Only small pockets of hate jerks that have this need for White superiority and racial separation and hatred, we call them the KKK.

I think the point is and it has been said quite eloquently by ZYNE and the others. No matter what your native tongue is. Learn English in order to live in our ENGLISH speaking society and don't expect special amends for your handicap...PERIOD that is all. My Great Grand father did..ZYNE did it, Importkiller's Grand parents did, it's only fair, no hatred, no dislike, just get with our program or live somewhere else. Say like Canada...

Reminding everyone this is a friendly intelectual discussion and has nothing personal leveled at anyone.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM

Karl...I'm 1/4 Native American..For the record...But they aren't really Americans either by your terms regarding imigrants...they immigrated from Mongolia and Eastern Europe...Some zillion years ago...But who cares? The point is, this country was founded by English speaking people. Be that right or wrong the way it came about, but that's the way it is now...So I agree with ZYNE 200%...Learn the language and laws, or forget about living here and enjoying the benefits that comes with the American lifestyle. This includes Canada in my Book, because you folks are Americans too, like it or not...

Lastly, I don't think there is any hatred towards Mexicans or Spanish speaking people on a national level. Only small pockets of hate jerks that have this need for White superiority and racial separation and hatred, we call them the KKK.

I think the point is and it has been said quite eloquently by ZYNE and the others. No matter what your native tongue is. Learn English in order to live in our ENGLISH speaking society and don't expect special amends for your handicap...PERIOD that is all. My Great Grand father did..ZYNE did it, Importkiller's Grand parents did, it's only fair, no hatred, no dislike, just get with our program or live somewhere else. Say like Canada...

Reminding everyone this is a friendly intelectual discussion and has nothing personal leveled at anyone.
Hey, how'd I get involved with this? Think you meant Darcy, Dennis! Karl agrees with you and Zyne. No animosity against peoples, language, or cultures, but if you move here, make an effort to adopt ours!

Quick Reply: Just MY .02!