PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just MY .02!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:59 PM
Default Just MY .02!

Just MY .02... Particularly after having lived in another country and HAVING to adhere/adjust to their laws and ways of living! (OK so putting aside the religious aspect of this since we are all from different beliefs of religion)...but I stand by the anthem thing!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1372/CE65FCAAB45F48AB8AEB0B08665A98A3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Just MY .02!

Being an immigrant who did things the right way myself .. HELL YEAH! This should be a flippin' given ... if not, stay where you are damnit!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:31 PM

Thank you!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:58 PM

Den, I went through this very thing back over seas when we by law no longer were allowed to sing our national anthem on graduation day .. it's ugly tobe proud of your country over there, it labels you as a racist. Why I don't know but that's how it was back there when I grew up. Not much has changed since from what I've heard. Bottom line is, you should be proud of your country ... I'm damn proud of the United States and I'm fortunate to live here ... I may not have adopted all your customs and I certainly have not given up all of what I brought with me either .. but damnit, if you live in an english speaking country, learn the f*cking language please. We should not have to learn another language so WE can communicate with YOU in OUR country!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 04:51 PM

I totally agree. Part of moving to another country involves your acceptance of the possibly new and different ways of life, and rules that govern. If you are not willing to accept these, then don't come! Language is an obvious one, as not knowing the language present a barrier to not only yourselves, but to others, and continues to dissociate you as a member of that country. Topics such as religion are a little trickier, but the whole idea of immigration is to bring in diversified groups who CONTRIBUTE to the society, not LEECH off itor drag their problems with them.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Religion is far too personal to push down someones throat .. and like you said, it's about diversity!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 PM

I want this blown up and made into a billboard...I will gladly drive it around behind my h3!!! I HATE having to press one for english!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

I want this blown up and made into a billboard...I will gladly drive it around behind my h3!!! I HATE having to press one for english!!!!
While that is not much of a bother to me, I hate when the message actually states "Press 1 for spanish" IN !@#$!@#$!@#$ spanish before the english message actually kicks off .. that irks me to no flippin end ... My english fricken sucked when I first moved here in comparison to how it is today but I never had problems making myself understood or understand others ... Is that so fricken much to ask for? If you move to another country, that should be something you do BEFORE you !@#$!@#$!@#$ move there .. if not .. how the hell can you be a productive member of society!?? I think we should have a new immigration policy applied ... if you can't understand a childrens book written in english .. you get deported right then and there. Not only will it cut down on these dead beats but people would !@#$!@#$ think twice about what they are doing BEFORE they get here .... and I dunno .. PRE-F*CKING-PARE a lil' bit??

Old 04-23-2007, 05:21 PM

I certainly will commend you on your perfect command of the english language, especially the cussing parts..LOL

Old 04-23-2007, 05:23 PM

my grandparents actually forbid Italian from bieng spoken in their house...they said that we are Americans now and will only speak English in this house. My Brother married a Puerto Rican girl and when here family / friends are over it sounds like a mexican cattle auction......they are some of the rudest damn people I have ever met. I've lost my temper, mouthed off and stormed out of that house quite a few times over that.

Quick Reply: Just MY .02!