PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just got a H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Default Just got a H3

Bought a H3 on Ebay and picked it up this weekend. I had never behind the wheel of one before I sat down in this one. Flew 800 miles and drove it back.
I have to say that it is the most impressive four wheel drive vehicle I have ever owned. Drives like a dream, gets great gas mileage, and is super nice.
It was supposed to have the adventure package, but did not however it has so many other addons that it made up for it. And I can already tell that it will do anything I want to do with out the off road package.
I am going to up grade to 285 tires from the 265 tires that are on it.
One question. It has DVD players in the head rests, and I cannot figure out how to turn them on. It did not come with a Remote, and the power button does not turn them on.
I will post some pictures tomorrow of it.
Thank you very much for all of the rave reviews on this forum, they are what made me decide to try a Hummer H3.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Hey i just bought a 08 H3 yesterday, luvin it so far. I was wondering where the best and cheapest places to get some chrome and other upgrades.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

Heres a pic of my Hummer, I love it so far. The only problem I have is the headrest DVD players wont power up. I am taking it to a Hummer dealer tomorrow to have them looked at.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/ARCHER%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/ARCHER%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 PM

Congratulations, it is a very nice looking H3.
I am certainly in agreement with your opinion on the ride, it takes you by surprise.

"Like nothing else"

Old 08-14-2009, 03:49 PM

Welcome! Looks great. Not sure about the head rests. They do drive great. Most of the people that ride in mine say they are surprised by how nice the ride.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by YellowFin
Welcome! Looks great. Not sure about the head rests. They do drive great. Most of the people that ride in mine say they are surprised by how nice the ride.
Same here, what a big surprise they say, amazed at the ride and comfort, that is why I get so ticked wen people that don't have a clue give me the evil looks or the finger.

The Hummer truly is like nothing else.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Congrats, you are now one of us =). they drive brilliantly. i remember the first time i took it for a test drive i was shocked at how awesome it drives. I enjoy driving my h3 more than my Lexus is250. even the turning circle is better haha. Brilliant car. Enjoy it.

have you tried asking the guy you bought if off how he worked the headrest dvd screens?

Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 PM

I have a white H3 and after seeing that picture I really want to recreate it haha! The way the green trees etc reflects onto the white makes a beautiful colour....

Old 08-14-2009, 08:33 PM

I just bought a 06 and I love it. The adventure package is nice. Good luck with yours it looks sweet.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the replies, I have had it for a week now and with out a doubt this is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned...going back to 1978 I have had several SUVs starting out with a really nice ( at the time) Scout.
And it goes off road like a tank. At my factory our 12000 pound fork truck got stuck out on the lot. Hooked up the Hummer and it just walked right out with it.
Got the head rests fixed, was a inline fuse under the dash near the emergency brake. They work fine now. Love how it comes up HUMMER when they are turned on.
Had the oil changed in it, used 5w 30 Penzoil. Wanted to ask if you guys prefer Synthetic over standard oil. I have a Isuzu Vehicross that I use Mobil 1 in and intend to switch to Mobil 1 on the next change.

Quick Reply: Just got a H3