PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

just got back from service

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Default just got back from service

as subject reads, just got my h3 back from dealer for check engine light and brake noise. they ordered a new head #1cyl. 48% leakdown this is with 8,650 mls.he said it was alright to drive till parts come in 7-10days ,i hope hes right! he said brake noise was from stones getting in the groove of brake pads,cleaned them out and deglased them. he said he is seeing this alot. i asked him am i going to have to bring it in every 8000 for a lube and brake cleaning ,he had no answer. i think i too will call or email gm about more warrt. for engine. i will update after install

Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: just got back from service

ORIGINAL: boomer

as subject reads, just got my h3 back from dealer for check engine light and brake noise. they ordered a new head #1cyl. 48% leakdown this is with 8,650 mls.he said it was alright to drive till parts come in 7-10days ,i hope hes right! he said brake noise was from stones getting in the groove of brake pads,cleaned them out and deglased them. he said he is seeing this alot. i asked him am i going to have to bring it in every 8000 for a lube and brake cleaning ,he had no answer. i think i too will call or email gm about more warrt. for engine. i will update after install
WELCOME HOME BUDDY!!!!!!!

Looks like you have the infamous Head and Valve problem many of our members have. It's becoming a widely known issue. I would link you to the thread but I'm on my way out. Do a seach for Head and Valve and you will find the main thread for it. Sorry to hear you are having the problem, but welcome home!

Old 01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Default RE: just got back from service

Sorry about your luck..[&o]Don't forget to vote in the poll at the top of the H3 forum threads...Drove mine for about a week while out of town before I could get to the dealerand all was well with exception to the rough idle...so you should be fine.