PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just got back from Moab

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Default Just got back from Moab

Took 7 hours from here in Prescott Az and it was a great drive. On the real hilly sections , doing 75 ish, with the 35" tires and wife's 400 lbs of luggage and my 2 pairs of Levi's and of course the TOOL box ( 200 lbs)plus extrasyou do not want to know about, we must have weighed in at 5,500 lbs and got 13 mpg. On level sections of roads doing 70-75 it went up to 16-17 mpg. It was very windy with a storm coming in on the way home. We got stuck on I17 in the snow because of an 8 car accident (no surprise with idoits doing 65-70 in the snow). After about 3 hours of idling and not moving at all we put it into 4 low and made a u-turn to take another route. There was about 1 foot of snow and a deep deep v separating the lanes and we made it easy. The trucker behind me who we were talking to said we would never make it through the V.[/align]Moab was just beautiful and while we did not do much 4 wheeling other than climbing a couple of mountains where the wife had to put a jacket over her head (she does that in the Vette too as soon as we go into triple digits) and some sandy washes it was just great driving it. It climbed some hills that were difficult to walk up on foot and it did not even slip to climb it. This vehicle has so much personality and is such a beautiful, functional design Ijust love it. I have decidedI will never be Hummerless and when the warranty is almost over will get another one. You do not have to be an Industrial Designer to recognize it as the absolutely best looking SUV on the road. [/align]I am truly amazed by how it handles the off road so easily. Just climbs up the dry wash banks without slipping at all. [/align]We stayed a the Sorrel Ranch which is right on the Colorado River. Great food and great sights.It was nice not to have to unpack some of the sporting goods and tools because it is a very safe area. Still I did have "The Reporter" wireless motion detector on the dash and base unit in the room. No way can someone get inside without the detector going off. Check it out by doing a search on www.amazon.comfor "The Reporter".[/align]

Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 AM
Default RE: Just got back from Moab

good report!!!

Any pics?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Really, you can't just come back gushing about your trip to such a fantastic spot and leave us all hanging with out providing some photographic "proof".

So get them up here!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 04:43 AM

Sounds like fun....I'd rather SEE how much fun it was.....pics plz