PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just cranked my torsion bars... Lets keep beating this topic to death...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Default RE: Just cranked my torsion bars... Lets keep beating this topic to death...

Awesome!!! looks great

Old 03-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Just cranked my torsion bars... Lets keep beating this topic to death...

krankedmy tbars a zillion times, wheeled it, broke my shock bushings (made a lot of noise), replaced bushings and wheeled it again - LOL!!! [:@][:@]- now I got aRansho lift but that's awhole otherstory

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM

oh by the way your rig looks great - there's someone in my neighborhood that has that exact setup!!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 AM
GRS

Looks great...This is probably old too, but is the adjuster on the bottom of the crossmember on the 08 Alpha and not on the back of it?

ORIGINAL: moabxj01

ok ok...lets change the subject... got it almost level and the 35"s on today

BEFORE:

AFTER:

They are 35x12.50R20 Nitto Mud Grapplers on 20" MB Motoring wheels

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Default 22" from Center of Wheel to Fender

I have the drivers side torsion bold tightened all the way and my fender is only 22" from the center of the wheel... I had to lower the passenger side to get it close to even on both sides... how come I can't get the drivers side to raise any higher?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Look at where the bolt threads meat the T Bar key, I'll bet you a bag of cheetos that yoa aren't even close. The stock keys will lift to over 25" which is past the max of 24.5".

Get a long handled 1/2" drive socket wrench and some elbow grease on that bad boy!

I would back it up a turn or so, and then try tightening again, you got some crud/grit on the threads hanging you up.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:12 AM
Banned

my side took 7 turns...passenger side took 4....that was 15,000 miles ago

Old 04-18-2009, 06:56 AM

Anyway the drivers side could have been put on just a turn different then the pass side... causing it to stop where it is... I don't want to force it and break something or strip the bolt...

Old 04-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Zed

Originally Posted by psych0
Anyway the drivers side could have been put on just a turn different then the pass side... causing it to stop where it is... I don't want to force it and break something or strip the bolt...
Torsion bar bolts are super hard so I doubt you would break one unless using air tools but I still think you wouldn't break one , they are made to take a serious pounding ..
When ever you crank up the torsion bars always jack the front end up first to take the weight off and it will be allot easier , then measure from the top of the tire to the fender and then take er out for a spin around the block and measure again ...
On most vehicles the drivers side is set higher from the factory to offset the weight of the driver ..

Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 AM

I looked at both sides and the drivers side is definately cranked all the way... The pass side has lots of thread left to tighten.

I even pulled the torsion bar out and tried to adjust the rear key so I can get it to go higher but I can't get the front back in if I change the key by one turn. I can't get the drivers side any higher then 22" from center of hub. Not sure why...

My only choice was to order a leveling kit. I hope that helps. Seems easy enough to install.

Quick Reply: Just cranked my torsion bars... Lets keep beating this topic to death...