PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just a big Thank You!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Smile Just a big Thank You!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information posted on here. Been on the H3 side since '07 taking care of the wife's truck and this site has saved me a lot of $$ with DIY instructions.

As of two weeks ago I took delivery of an H2 from Florida. Only had pictures to look at but luckily I was able to get a friend to drive over an hour, during his vacation in Naples, to physically look at it for me. He's not an avid car guy but I made sure he looked over it while I was on the phone directing him on what to look for. I made the purchase and couldn't be happier when it arrived. Buddy didn't get a chance to see it at night to see if all the lights worked which did need some attention but nothing major.

Had a slight scare when the windshield washer fluid wasn't squirting out initially when it arrived but after sitting in the garage over night it started to work. Thought it was just frozen nozzles but it quit working again when I tried to use it while driving. Put it back in the garage and the next morning it started working again. Found out that it was only filled with water and it kept on freezing when left outside. Being a Florida car I guess they just used water. I drained and filled it with correct fluids for below freezing temps and all is good

Other additional items I've done so far.

1. Rotated tires
2. Alignment (Just so I know it's done)
3. Replaced misc control bulbs (Soldering skills from my RC days came in handy)
4. Replaced rear bumper tail light sockets (one side wasn't working due to corroded pins)
5. DRL's mod
6. WeatherTech liners

Looking into CAI and Exhaust but will wait until Spring.

I'm sure I'll be asking more questions, if searching doesn't come up with anything, as I get to spend more time with the truck.

Thanks again. This forum is full of useful information

Old 02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the deuce.

Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 AM

You will love your new rig. Congrats.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 PM

I recommend changing all your fluids, check air filter and depending on miles the spark plugs. Though rocks may be thrown my way (hehe) I took my H2 to Grease Monkey and had the tranny, transfer case, brake fluid, coolant and power steering flushed the same day, then did the differentials and engine oil with full synthetic myself (very easy). Old fluids ruin components.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Man1nboat...great advice! I normally change most of the fluids myself so will probably wait until Spring when the weather warms up a bit. I did notice that the brake fluid in the reservoir is very dark.

I noticed a clicking sound that lasts no more than 5 seconds, somewhere in the rear area, whenever I open and close a door. Any ideas what that may be?