PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jeep v Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Default RE: Jeep v Hummer

to add one to that as well.

jake, whoever else has had a bad experience, its too bad that bad things happen, and i'm sure they do, and i'm sure sometimes at the hands of a hummer guy/gal.

but what is seen on jeep forums and the like is a systematic indictment of anything hummer that isn't alot unlike the KKK in the 60's. Sweeping condemnation and insult of people based on their choice of truck. And, generally, whenever somebody makes broad generalizations that are very negative or condemning, you have to wonder what's really going on, because its unlikely that any group is "all bad".

hence i really struggle to believe that the jeep/hummer thing is about anything sensible or tangible or rational or reasonable, and tend to guesstimate that its more class warfare on an emotional level.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:17 PM

I don't know that it is an issue of those who have not versus those who have, that would be far too easy. On some levels it may just be they believe that people spend a supposed ton of money on something that claims to be all about off-roading, and yet a very small percentage will actually use that capability. That would be a broad generalization they can't really make based on the aformentioned theory. I do not belong to any Jeep forums, but if they are lambasting Hummer owners simply because, that in itself shows a marked level of ignorance.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Jake

I don't know that it is an issue of those who have not versus those who have, that would be far too easy.
yeah, it isn't as simple as that. I entered some thoughts about my take on how hummers came to be under such scrutiny on the H2 board if you're interested. i won't risk boring everybody with a repeat.

On some levels it may just be they believe that people spend a supposed ton of money on something that claims to be all about off-roading, and yet a very small percentage will actually use that capability. That would be a broad generalization they can't really make based on the aformentioned theory.
but. i bet its as high or higher % of H2s offroad than Grand Cherocars or new Wranglers or Land Rovers of any type. And if i was wrong (and there's no way i am about the GCherokee), nobody knows that i'm wrong. And again, like much with the H2, the "reality" that its all non-offroading soccer moms is at least as much repeating what one has read many times as it is observation of actualities. I probably see 50 or 100 Wranglers every day here in the summer. They are like ants, absolutely everywhere. I've seen non-street tires on less than 10 total, and i've only seen one rubicon on the streets.

I do not belong to any Jeep forums, but if they are lambasting Hummer owners simply because, that in itself shows a marked level of ignorance.
well search "hummer vs jeep" or "hummer offroad" or whatever it is, and usually it leads to jeep forums ragging on hummers. I've never tried to find that stuff, its just (more often than not) what pops up when you search for anything about hummers.

I think its a shame jeepers don't have a better attitude, in the end it'll only hurt everybody in the offroad community.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 AM

Now, have you ever seen a HUMMER owner do this??

I mean really, how brainless is this?

Trash a JEEP

Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 AM

Now This jeep is cool..watch it to the end.

Aqua-JEEP

Old 07-13-2006, 02:26 AM

Way F***ing Cool!

Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 AM

i re-read my posts above, and edited one.

i saw this thread and thought i'd take a look, and i did, and such.

It might be fun to have one post,a nd constnatly edit it to include links to hummer-hate from jeep guys. I find that stuff interesting. The most interesting part is how little most people know about the truck. You see people argue that it has no lockers, or that it doesn't have low range, or that the clearance is less than a liberty, and on and on.

If i opted to make such a thread, i guess i'd have to say up-front that i can't really spare the time to actively search for the stuff... but basically anything you might search for about the H2 will lead to a jeep thread within a page or 3 of google, lol. And, second, i'd do it as a question of curiosity, not of combativeness or whatever.