PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

JEEP RECOVERY

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Default JEEP RECOVERY

THATS ME LINING UP TO PULL OUT A STUCK JEEP WRANGLER!!!!

Old 08-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Default RE: JEEP RECOVERY

SAME THING DIFF. ANGLES......

Old 08-12-2006, 11:35 PM

That is hilarious.

I do find it hard to believe that a Jeep Wrangler got stuck in that little mud puddle. I know for a fact that the Wranglers are some of the best off roading vehicles on the trail. I have seen a Wrangler go through much worse than that.

Are you sure that wasn't a staged picture?

If it is not, the Wrangler owner does not know how to go offroading.

Dawg19

Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM

a wrangler with appropriate sized tires is a very capible off road machine, this one I guess had the little donut tires on it.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:11 AM

True Mike..But here again, the Jeep has to be Midified a little to be as Capable as the stock HUMMER..

Old 08-13-2006, 01:47 AM

Well it's very true. I used to have a Jeep Sahara and it was increadibly capable. This jeep in the pic had regular tires...not even all terrain so they just spun all day. You really can't tell from that angle, but the right side front tire was in deep. Also believe it or not, 15 minutes before that pic, I pulled out a 4x2 F350 King ranch. That was trying to pull the Jeep out. It was so heavy it just sunk. It also had regular street tires su he just spun them all day.[8D]

Old 08-13-2006, 02:08 AM

thats true dennis, but are you comparing a base h3 with the 265's or an adventure? An adventure compared to a Rubicon wrangler are pretty close IMO. a base h3 against a rubi will get smoked, mostly because the tires the base comes with do not clean themselved in mud at all, but the rubi has more agressive treads like the h3 adventure. I'd love to see a comparison of an H# with 33 or 35" mudders against a rubi with 33" mudders. Once my brothers new rubi comes in he already has 33" mickey's to put on and I'll have my 35's by then so I am going to do alot of comparing....photos to follow!

Old 08-13-2006, 02:11 AM

ORIGINAL: red devil

Well it's very true. I used to have a Jeep Sahara and it was increadibly capable. This jeep in the pic had regular tires...not even all terrain so they just spun all day. You really can't tell from that angle, but the right side front tire was in deep. Also believe it or not, 15 minutes before that pic, I pulled out a 4x2 F350 King ranch. That was trying to pull the Jeep out. It was so heavy it just sunk. It also had regular street tires su he just spun them all day.[8D]

The best truck in mud that I ever owned was my dodge ram 3500 dually 4x4. I had 35" truxxis mud terrains on it and it was amazing in the soup. only down side is everytime I went out mudding with my friends I was constantly known as the recovery guy, I spent all my time pulling them out and never had time to for myself

Old 08-13-2006, 06:48 PM

That is so classic. I love it!!!!

I love the Jeeps also but it seems like I hear a lot of Hummer owners pulling Jeeps out of tight places. Do you think that it is just that Hummer owners are more hardcore offroaders, or is a Hummer that more more of a superior vehicle for this task.

I know the military used Jeep Wranglers for decades before switching to the Hummers.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:44 PM

The military never used the Wrangler. The last "jeep" type vehicle that the military used was a M151. It was built by AM General and was replaced by the HMMWV, or Hummer. Prior to the M151, they used a MB3, the military version of the CJ3.

The M151 was a nice little rig, but it has independant suspension at all four corners, and wasn't very stable. If you mounted a .50 caliber machine gun on one, you could only fire from the front or rear. Shooting off the side in auto would roll the vehicle.

Quick Reply: JEEP RECOVERY