PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jeep...It's What's for Dinner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Post Jeep...It's What's for Dinner.

Howdy ya'll, my name is Brandon and I'm new to the forum, so I thought I'd stop in here and properly introduce myself. I'm 23 years old and I live in a small southwestern Virginia town called Fries (pronounced "Freeze"). I have this condition where I buy a vehicle and then modify it until I'm broke. I have been a huge fan of Hummers ever since 2002 when the H2s first came out. My mom bought a new yellow 2006 H3 when I was a senior in high school and I had many good times taking it off-road. Last month, she decided to trade it for a yellow 2003 H2 and I immediately fell in love with it. I hated to see the H3 go, but words can't describe how much I love the H2. Since she has a long commute to work, she mostly drives one of our other vehicles, so I usually drive the Hummer more than she does. I'm currently finishing up my Bachelor's degree in Business Management through Old Dominion University and when I can find full-time work, the first thing I'm going to do is buy myself a H2 and eventually swap a Duramax diesel in it. Even though I own a lifted Jeep, I consider Hummer my first love and by far my favorite! Anyway, check-out the photo gallery on my profile for pictures of our Hummer and the rest of my family's vehicles. Over & out.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 AM

WELCOME: Nice rides!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Brandon. The H2 will ease the pain of losing the H3. They are both great vehicles but the duece is one great ride.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Howdy....

Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 AM

Welcome, fellow Virginian.

Old 07-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:13 PM

Hi Brandon. Even though you drive a Jeep, it is great that you still want a Hummer. You will find out a lot of info about all years and models of these trucks. Anything you want to know about them is out there for the reading.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Welcome to the forum. I love your sisters Stang!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:51 AM

If I were in my 20's with no kids, I'd be rocking a newish Wrangler Rubicon, not a Hummer. Wrangler is more fun, H3/H3t is more practical and nicer to drive, H2 is more luxury/status. IMHO of course. All are plenty offroad capable and it's great to hear you use them for that.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 PM

I know what you mean, skeptic. We probably wouldn't have traded the H3 for the H2 but the H3 didn't have enough room for five of us plus our junk. I can hardly drive my Jeep on the interstate because it's all over the place and the little four-banger just can't keep up with traffic. It stays in 3rd gear most of the time and 5th gear can only be used down hill with the wind at my back haha. My lifted Ram diesel has plenty of power but doesn't handle or ride very well either. I bought a Cummins 4BT motor to swap into my Jeep but I haven't saved enough money to do the conversion yet. (I'm kind of a diesel freak too!) I haven't had a chance to take the H2 off-road yet, but I hope to do so very soon. I actually tipped my Jeep over a couple years ago while off-roading. It did't damage it but let's just say that wouldn't have happend in our Hummer!

Quick Reply: Jeep...It's What's for Dinner.