PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

its winter again. How do turn off the abs again?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Default its winter again. How do turn off the abs again?

The icy roads and ABS are not a good thing... almost hit a few prius's on the way home.

That feeling of helplessness skidding on ice with a truck as big as the h2 is not funn.

I remembered to hold the TC button for 5 seconds but that didnt work?

Thanks in advance!
________
PORTABLE ELECTRONIC VAPORIZER

Last edited by moto.racerx; 08-17-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 PM

you want your abs off??? but, you just pull the fuse for it out of the fuse box. im not sure which on it is, the manual should tell you. on the 05, the fuse box is the box directly behind(towards the back of the truck) of the battery(front left corner of engine bay).

Old 12-12-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by achinaghost52
you want your abs off??? but, you just pull the fuse for it out of the fuse box. im not sure which on it is, the manual should tell you. on the 05, the fuse box is the box directly behind(towards the back of the truck) of the battery(front left corner of engine bay).
yah, but isnt there a way to do this electronically and turn off both the TC and the ABS?

Albeit you would need to redo this process everytime the vehicle restarts but safer than a permanent solution which will most likely be forgotten about in the spring

ps... the hummer is a much better snow & ice vehicle with the TC and ABS off.
________
VAPE INFO

Last edited by moto.racerx; 08-17-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:14 AM

TC I can agree...but ABS?? I'll take your word as to the HUMMER and snow and ABS, but I have had ABS in other vehicles help me FAR more than it hurt me over the years.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Hmmm....well generally I would try to be diplomatic, or sugar coat my resonse to some degree, but you're an idiot. Why would anyone in their right mind want to disable ABS? It's by FAR one of the best safety inventions since the seatbelt. Disabling it would be ridiculous and irresponsible.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 08H3
Hmmm....well generally I would try to be diplomatic, or sugar coat my resonse to some degree, but you're an idiot. Why would anyone in their right mind want to disable ABS? It's by FAR one of the best safety inventions since the seatbelt. Disabling it would be ridiculous and irresponsible.
I tend to agree -- what method of stopping on ice do you have that is more effective than ABS?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 AM

huh.......maybe hes looking at actually crushing the prius that he almost hit the first time heheh

Old 12-27-2009, 08:30 AM

Our roads in the uk are dreadfull during the winter! Beleive me you need abs fella!!

Old 12-31-2009, 02:20 PM

I hate ABS. I learned to drive up here Canada eh, where we actually have winter. Every car I drove growing up did not have ABS. I remember the first car I drove with ABS and within a month of having it the ABS fuse came out. That **** kicks in when you don't expect it to all the time. If you understand the conditions you are driving in and you learn how to properly use your brakes/steering you do not need ABS.

ABS was invented to assist the "average joe" driver who has no idea what to do when driving calls for more than just "go and stop"
And don't even get me started about ABS and off roading.......

Old 01-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by largemouthbass
I hate ABS. I learned to drive up here Canada eh, where we actually have winter. Every car I drove growing up did not have ABS. I remember the first car I drove with ABS and within a month of having it the ABS fuse came out. That **** kicks in when you don't expect it to all the time. If you understand the conditions you are driving in and you learn how to properly use your brakes/steering you do not need ABS.

ABS was invented to assist the "average joe" driver who has no idea what to do when driving calls for more than just "go and stop"
And don't even get me started about ABS and off roading.......
I'll pose my question again to the anti-ABS crowd, "what method of stopping on ice do you have that is more effective than ABS?"

Quick Reply: its winter again. How do turn off the abs again?