PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

issue with the Dealership... whats my options

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 02:54 AM
Default issue with the Dealership... whats my options

Ok guys... Im a new happy hummer owner. I love the truck but im having some issues now. I dropped it off last sunday and picked it up today.

When I purchased the vehicle a couple weeks ago it had the pass door keyed. Someone came around and keyed 27 cars on the lot. I was promised that the will make it good as new so I went ahead and bought it. a week later i dropped it off and the gave me a piece of crap cobalt to drive all week [:@]
So today I go to pick it up. I get outside and notice a nice white mark on the drivers side now!!I showed it to my sales man and he told me they will fix it. He asked if I wanted to leave the truck with him... I told him i would bring it back as i need it for tommorow.
I checked the newly painted door and noticed some scratches by the handle which i pointed out. I was told that they will polish it out when i bring it back to get the door fixed. (it was raining and some what getting dark)
I got it home and into the garage under proper lighting and was shocked to see what i found!!! This is the worst paintjob I have ever seen... Ive done better work myself in the garage.
Under proper lighting I can see the whole door is scratched from the sand paper, they used to course of sandpaper.. Lines everywhere!! and lots of them. Secondly I notice that the rear pass door has been sanded onto or oversprayed... the clear in areas is very hazy..... Now Im going through it like crazy! And guess what i see..... By the windows where the panel has that sort of fold to it that goes around the window. Well the edge of that fold is sanded to bare metal.... the paint didnt paint over it and it was cleared. So there is spots of bare metal clear coated! [:'(] WTF! what am I supposed to do? this truck has just 600 miles on it.... should i demand a new one? get it fixed elsewere and give them the bill.. I love the truck but i dont know how competant these guys are working on the thing..... this is my first GM and might be the last. im used to the great service at BMW and VW... Help me out guys!! I dont want to be stuck in a cobalt for another week when i paid for a hummer.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: issue with the Dealership... whats my options

Bypass the salesman....

Head straight to the Service Department and talk to the manager.... Demand what you want... which at this point is a complete repaint.

If you don't get what you want march yourself straight to the General Managers office.... Demand what he is going to do for you or else let them know that you will be speaking with Mr. (insert Dealership owners name here)....

I had a very similar issue with the 97th Anniversary Camaro... those stupid stripes are stickers... and after 9 sets I demanded they paint them on... which they did... but only the hood.... and I threw a fit... This was Woodard Chevy in Fairfield Ca... I had my cell phone in hand calling Mr Woodard when the General Manager told me they would paint all the stripes on... ALL of the stripes... I mean... this was a car with 261 miles on it and had 9 sticker sets... The first two payments were made while the car was in their dealership....

Old 03-24-2007, 01:30 PM

i've found that putting your issues in writing, with copies to the dealership and the manufacturer rep, does wonders for getting their attention. i had a paint issue on a T-Bird and after the 4th time through the dealer paint shop it finally looked right. the problem, at least what i've found, is that the dealership paint shops don't have very good quality or experienced people. or, if they farm it out, they go to the cheapest place they can find. take pictures, write a letter explaining the issue and how disappointed you are. but, don't get belligerent in the letter. being respectful and to the point is going to work far better than telling them how far up their *** you're going to put your foot.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:31 PM

Your dealer is Duecks right? I got the Blue Cobalt too last time I was there for warranty work. Don't stress out about it too much. It is surprising such a bad job was done, but you have lots of options. Being that this is a new vehicle, you probably have not received your dealer satisfaction survey yet. so just let the dealer know that if they do not remedy this situation, they are going to get a scathing review. Following your shop work, you will receive a followup call from their customer service dept asking how satisfied with the work you were. If things are not better by this time, you can let them know you are not happy at all. They WILL have to deal with this.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:46 PM

Sorry to hear you are having some bad luck..but if it was me..they would be fixing it right or giving me a brand new Hummer..wouldn't take any sh..t from them.[:@]

Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 AM

well i talked to them. They said they will give me something better than a cobalt. also said they will redo the door. And fix the new scratch mark also.. I still have faith in these guys as I was impressed when I bought the car. Hopefully they can make good.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:01 AM

good
keep us posted

Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

good for you....

Old 03-26-2007, 08:10 PM

I would go to the General Manager
OrI would tell them buy the truck back