PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

IROK'S ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Default RE: IROK'S ?

ORIGINAL: alrock

Did you mean a 16" rim? 15" won't fit on the H3 unless you run your ride without brake rotors.
i meant to say 15', but after thinking about it you're right, you cant run a 15' rim on an h3

17' rims are becoming the standard for offroad now a days. there will be plenty of tire selections available in a 17' rim. 16' rims will be a little harder to find tires for, although many companies will still have a 16' rim

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM

From what it sounds like you NEED, just get a 33" A/T. I'm running the BFG A/T as is alrock. For "mild or occasional" off roading I think they will dojust fine.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:11 AM

Hey Rich,
That kinda surprises me that you run A/T's in Ohio. Doesn't that thick, goopy Ohio clay gum them up real bad? When I lived in Alabama that red clay would turn anything less than a Super Swamper into big red donut!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 PM

irok= amazing! they actually last quite a bit on road. boss has em on his h1

Old 05-27-2008, 10:52 PM

ORIGINAL: RealJeep
Hey Rich,
That kinda surprises me that you run A/T's in Ohio. Doesn't that thick, goopy Ohio clay gum them up real bad? When I lived in Alabama that red clay would turn anything less than a Super Swamper into big red donut!
Sorry, don't know how I missed this one RJ. If I didn't drive the dang thing on the road so much of course I would have something different on it. But for the amount of paved miles I have to drive it onand the tire fund that I have, it just didn't make sense to me to go with anything else. Besides, they did just fine in the mud run I was in. I'm sure if I had some M/T's on it would have done even better, but I made it all the way through. And there were guys with SuperSwampers that didn't. Ideally I'd like to take my wife's spare set of rims we have in the corner of the garage and throw some Swamper's on them. Just waiting for that stimulus check

The tires didn't look too bad for what they are:

Old 05-28-2008, 06:21 AM

WHY DO ALL YOU GUYS RIDE ON SMALL RIMS?

Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 AM

I don't feel that I need bigger rims. I've never been a big aftermarket rim guy and I'm only running a 3.7L so I don't want to give it more than it already has to push. I personally wouldn't go over an 18"

Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 AM

In the real 4x4 world, the higher the tire profile, the more flex you get and better grip. Especially if you air down your tires. It also absorbs bumps better. Less weight too, which means less chance of breaking CVs. It only makes sense to have low profile tires, with larger rims, if you do any type of road racing, or just have the "Bling Bug". The only time in 4x4 that you would go to larger rims, is if you are running tires 40" or larger. It's done to avoid too much "balloon" in the tires which makes it bounce too much, and therefore lose traction. Since H3s can't realistically use larger tires than say 35-37", the small rims are better.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: REEF_H3

WHY DO ALL YOU GUYS RIDE ON SMALL RIMS?
Recon explained it pretty well.

Basically, big rims are for posers.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: spaustin889

ORIGINAL: alrock

Did you mean a 16" rim? 15" won't fit on the H3 unless you run your ride without brake rotors.
i meant to say 15', but after thinking about it you're right, you cant run a 15' rim on an h3

17' rims are becoming the standard for offroad now a days. there will be plenty of tire selections available in a 17' rim. 16' rims will be a little harder to find tires for, although many companies will still have a 16' rim
FYI I went with 22's