PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ipod or Zune adapter kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM

I had one for the Monsoon, Stupid thing always reset itself and couldn't decide what to do with the door chime. One time you'd get in and you could barely hear it the next you would think the speaker was going to blow out the door. I returned it, I probably got a defective one but it was before the PAL came out.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:15 AM

If you have the XM stuff there is a simple hack to let you add an 1/8" din line input to the stereo. Total cost for me was about 5 bucks for a cable from Radio shack and a zener diode I happened to have in my toolbox. Not exactly plug and play but it beat the hell out of a 200 dollar adapter esp when I can replace the radio with something like the pioneer app radio for 300.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 58Bisc
Thanks for the input, their disclamier scared me off. I could not find any model on their web site that listed Monsoon compatible. I'm an IBM architect/engineer by trade and we were alway taught that this type of disclaimer is there for a reason. Sometime that reason is just to make you aware of a difference. My couriosity is up now, did they say why they listed the disclaimer? Total belief that it will work and that you have used them without issue, just dying to know...
I have no idea why it is listed like that. The Tech did not mention the reason.
ISGM575: on Amazon for $99 (cheaper than when I bought it 2 years ago!)
Amazon.com: Isimple Isgm575 iPod/iPhone and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface (Select Gm Class Ii Vehicles): Car Electronics

Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Wow, that is actually a reasonable price for what it does. Their website lists it at about double that.

The iSimple GateWay - Advanced Car Integration Kit for the iPod and iPhone

To bad it doesn't seem to support the factory nav unit on the h2, I was ready to buy that, the bluetooth module, and the hd radio module when I saw their site.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I have no idea why it is listed like that. The Tech did not mention the reason.
ISGM575: on Amazon for $99 (cheaper than when I bought it 2 years ago!)
Amazon.com: Isimple Isgm575 iPod/iPhone and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface (Select Gm Class Ii Vehicles): Car Electronics
I just could not let this one die. I checked with iSimple tech support. This is the reply I received:

Bill,
Thank you for the inquiry. The Monsoon system amplifier will not turn off when the ignition is turned off. This will cause your battery to drain and possibly not allow your vehicle to start.

Rick Costello
Technical Support

www.isimplesolutions.com
www.stingerelectronics.com
www.pac-audio.com
www.phoenixgold.com

I will be investigating more to see if there is a work around for this problem, but it appears that if you have a good battery and start or use the H3 regularly, you probably will never notice the drain..., but the chance is always there.

Bill

Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM

I believe that amp is 100w, You will definitely notice a drain.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:39 PM

Well like I said, I've NEVER had any issues with it in 4 different vehicles. No battery drain, dead batteries even when our HUMMERs sit for weeks at a time while driving another vehicle or out of town. I know of several HUMMER H3/H3T owners who use this module and no one has reported any charging or battery issues.

The amp in the Monsoon system (at least in the H3/H3T) uses a type of "remote turn on" system that is given by the head unit it self. Since the module is wired before the head unit I can't see any reason why the Monsoon Amp would see any kind of "remote turn on" when the headunit is off???? I'll put my meter on the amp next time I have the rear panel removed with the key out and see if the amp is "live". I will also disconnect the unit and see if there is any change in the static draw from the battery.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Default Curious what you found

Following up on this thread, was curious if you ever checked to see if the amp was drawing power with the ignition off...this looks like my best option to add an aux input, but don't want a constant drain on the batter. Thanks!

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Well like I said, I've NEVER had any issues with it in 4 different vehicles. No battery drain, dead batteries even when our HUMMERs sit for weeks at a time while driving another vehicle or out of town. I know of several HUMMER H3/H3T owners who use this module and no one has reported any charging or battery issues.

The amp in the Monsoon system (at least in the H3/H3T) uses a type of "remote turn on" system that is given by the head unit it self. Since the module is wired before the head unit I can't see any reason why the Monsoon Amp would see any kind of "remote turn on" when the headunit is off???? I'll put my meter on the amp next time I have the rear panel removed with the key out and see if the amp is "live". I will also disconnect the unit and see if there is any change in the static draw from the battery.