PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Ipod or Zune adapter kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Default Ipod or Zune adapter kit

Hi, I am wondering if there is anything available to play my Zune or Ipod directly thru the factory 6 cd changer stereo. I have a wireless kit from Zune but the audio is terrible. Would like to plug into the stereo directly if possible. Thanks

Old 12-04-2011, 01:49 PM

More details under "H3 Stock Radio Question" thread. Answer to your question: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...e2/#post248861 You can find a wealth of information if you use the 'search' function.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:03 PM

If you have the Monsoon system in your rig may I suggest the:

ISGM575 by PAC Audio Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Check Amazon for the best price!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
If you have the Monsoon system in your rig may I suggest the:

ISGM575 by PAC Audio Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Check Amazon for the best price!!!
X2 on Taint's choice. When my Sansa Clip dies, and I finally get an Ipod, this is what I will be picking up. Gives you all your info right on your radio screen, and allows Ipod function controls through the radio controls.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
X2 on Taint's choice. When my Sansa Clip dies, and I finally get an Ipod, this is what I will be picking up. Gives you all your info right on your radio screen, and allows Ipod function controls through the radio controls.
Very True! I also fogot to add that the ISGM575 has 2 different inputs so you can run your iPod into one and any other mp3 player (even your phone) through the other!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 PM

I would just get the factory one, doesn't screw with the door chime or have any quirks to deal with. On my to do list for next year.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by talusfan
I would just get the factory one, doesn't screw with the door chime or have any quirks to deal with. On my to do list for next year.
Hmmm.... our door chimes still work and haven't had an issue in 2 years? Where did you hear that the PAC does this?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM

The ISGM575 states not compatible with Monsoon System. Seems the amp is the issue... Are you currently running it connected to a Monsoon equipped system without any issues?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 58Bisc
The ISGM575 states not compatible with Monsoon System. Seems the amp is the issue... Are you currently running it connected to a Monsoon equipped system without any issues?
Please read post #3 where I wrote "If you have the Monsoon system in your rig may I suggest the: ISGM575 by PAC Audio Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future"

Sometimes you have to contact the manufacturer and talk to the tech line and get the "real truth".

Yes, it works with MY MONSOON system. It is a very simple "plug-n-play" unit that requires NO wire cutting. It has worked in 4 different H3/H3Ts ALL with the MONSOON system listed in my signature.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:39 AM

Thanks for the input, their disclamier scared me off. I could not find any model on their web site that listed Monsoon compatible. I'm an IBM architect/engineer by trade and we were alway taught that this type of disclaimer is there for a reason. Sometime that reason is just to make you aware of a difference. My couriosity is up now, did they say why they listed the disclaimer? Total belief that it will work and that you have used them without issue, just dying to know...

Quick Reply: Ipod or Zune adapter kit