PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

iPhone interface to play app audio through Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Default iPhone interface to play app audio through Nav?

Has anyone had success with some sort of an iPhone interface to play application audio like Pandora through the Nav system (2006 version)? I'd love to ditch XM! I'm in Dallas and nearly every frequency is taking around here so FM transmitters don't seem to work very well unless they have a ton of power behind them. If there is a good one that anyone has tried and it plays app audio, I would try that though.

Thanks,

Old 11-04-2009, 05:45 AM

PAC Audio accesssories model UPAC-GMC2. Works fine you can use it in either Aux mode or IPOD mode. IPOD lets the Nav screen control your iPHone, Aux mode lets you use the screen on your phone. I've had it for about 6 months. Only drawback is that it does not charge while plugged in. I purchased a Scosche adapter from the local Fry's and that took care of that issue. I use slacker radio, pandora and it works fine.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Any thoughts on whether it will work with my 2009 H3T with nav? All the sights say it works with 2006-2008. Did they change the nav for 2009? How do you charge the ipod and leave it hooked up at the same time (only 1 port for charging and hooking it up)? Thanks for the help.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Default Should work with any GM vehicle that is GMLAN2

I don't think they changed the Navigation systems between 2008 and 2009. This should work with your car.

I also used the following adaptor to connect between the iphone and the UPAC-GM2
http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS696LL/A

You don't have to buy it from the Apple store. A regional electronics chain in Texas sells them (Frys) and I've seem them for sale on Amazon.com and Ebay

From the website
"The Scosche passPORT allows car integration accessories that do not support USB charging to work with the iPhone 3G, fourth-generation iPod nano, and second-generation iPod touch. "