PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installing New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Thanks RGray77. It appears that the isolators are all in the correct position. It's just that the one hanger is too short. I called one place today and they said they coldn't do it. But then called another and they told me to bring it in and they could see what they can do. Hopefullly they can fix it. Heck, if I had a welder I'd do it myself. Just cut off the old one and put a longer one on.

- Jason

Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Smile

Hear that and good luck!!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by jvorpahl
Tainter,

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by rubber isolators? Those didn't come w/the exhaust as far as I know.
Hey man that's not ignorant! Asking questons like that is how we all learn. RGray711 got you on that one.

Good luck with the fix! They might even have a spare extra long rubber isolator laying around that would work with no welding required? Anything is possible.

Don't forget to record the new sound and post it for others to hear.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Has anyone purchased the GM Touring exhaust? I would like to hear your thoughts on it and see a picture of it.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by White Wolf
Has anyone purchased the GM Touring exhaust? I would like to hear your thoughts on it and see a picture of it.
Just really depends on what you are trying to achieve exhaust note wise. I attached a clip from when I was working with GM accessories trying to decide on my exhaust.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Thank you Airborne227. I think the Touring is the right one for me. I want a little growl at WOT. I do not want any drone as I like to drive down to North Carolina which is a 12 hour drive.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM

Those isolators can be a pain in the rear, might be worth checking on a price of a new one and getting a extra one on hand, if they are cheap enough.. like 10.00 then maybe just cut the old one off, and use the new one! I run them under hot water for about 10 minutes then coat the inside with dish soap works like a charm!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 AM

They fixed it. Just welded on an extension. $20 so not too bad. White Wolf, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised w/the Performance Exhaust. Not loud at all. IMHO it's perfect. The guy at the shop today told me how much he loved how it sounded. Not very loud. Just a deeper mellow sound. Trust me, I don not like the sound of loud sounding trucks (no offense to those who like them).

- Jason

Old 05-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Hey Guys:

If anyone hears of a GM Touring exhaust setup going for a good price, Please keep me in mind. Big Thanx.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by White Wolf
Hey Guys:

If anyone hears of a GM Touring exhaust setup going for a good price, Please keep me in mind. Big Thanx.
Just keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist...you'll come across them. On Ebay, look for a "Best Offer" auction and suggest a reasonable offer.

Quick Reply: Installing New Exhaust