PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installing HID's with a surprise

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by frankieboy
i will play the lotto this weekend. if i win i will buy you the lights.
wish me luck. lol
Good luck ... If you get it . Do not forget I was the first in wishing you luck

Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM
Default Replacing Headlight within headlight assembly

Originally Posted by frankieboy
it was an easy install. you have to remove the grill first. there are two nuts and four clips. one nut left of the left headlight and one nut right of the right headlight. the four clips you need a pair of pliers. they are located in the center of the grill. once removed, there are three nuts holding the headlight bezel in. when you get them out there are three torx screws that you remove and the bezel comes apart.
reverse steps for intall.
it only took me about 30-40 minutes from start to finish.
my

Just want to clarify that the headlight within the whole assembly can be changed out. Sounds like this is what I have been searching for so long. Dealer told me this was not possible as the headlight is welded to the assembly......

I did one of those inexpensive HID kits and am throwing light everywhere except on the road....I am looking to replace with other reflectors that will do a better job ie...better cutoff and no weird patterns....

Saw a comparison on a jeep website and the 7" reflectors on the JK seemed to offer a decent cutoff.

BTW, this is my first post and thank you for all the great info. Just bought an 08 Solar Flare H2 with 35,000 miles. Beat vehicle I have ever driven.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by SOBEH2
Just want to clarify that the headlight within the whole assembly can be changed out. Sounds like this is what I have been searching for so long. Dealer told me this was not possible as the headlight is welded to the assembly......

I did one of those inexpensive HID kits and am throwing light everywhere except on the road....I am looking to replace with other reflectors that will do a better job ie...better cutoff and no weird patterns....

Saw a comparison on a jeep website and the 7" reflectors on the JK seemed to offer a decent cutoff.

BTW, this is my first post and thank you for all the great info. Just bought an 08 Solar Flare H2 with 35,000 miles. Best vehicle I have ever driven.

TYPO: BEST vehicle I have ever driven