PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installing HID's with a surprise

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:23 PM

No problem.

Nate you have your info backwards. The 55 watt kits being much brighter wash the color out so color wise they will look like a 35 watt kit one stop below on the kelvin scale.

Also there really is no point in my opinion on paying for the high/low hid's. More to go wrong with them and not to mention having HID's in your lows is brighter than any highs to begin with. You'd never need high's with HID's in. At least I don't think so.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Default true.....

Originally Posted by LoJac963
No problem.

Nate you have your info backwards. The 55 watt kits being much brighter wash the color out so color wise they will look like a 35 watt kit one stop below on the kelvin scale.

Also there really is no point in my opinion on paying for the high/low hid's. More to go wrong with them and not to mention having HID's in your lows is brighter than any highs to begin with. You'd never need high's with HID's in. At least I don't think so.
I would have to agree. I have HID's on my low side of my headlights, due to the type, color, and distance of the beam, I really havent used my high beams at all. I cant even recall when I changed over to them. The HID's on the low side work just fine for me as well.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
No problem.

SORRY

5k is one stop below 6k. Sooo a 6k at 55watts would look like a 5k at 35watts?
Is that better? lol

And, are there really problems with the hi/low kits? I live in the woods and commute to the city so the highs are great on those back roads with no light posts. I also have the 35watt which isn't as bright.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Running 6000K 55w low beams only. really wish I had installed the dual kit for hi/low.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM

I did the Hid's with low beams only. I missed the high beams so much I went back to stock. I am going LED as as soon as I get the $

Old 10-22-2013, 05:56 PM

Hey Phil! you can just hit the torsion bars a little in the front and forget the high beams seriously though I actually had to lower the beams a bit because I was blinding cars in front of me . I would like the dual kit though..its nice for driving in rural areas at night.

totally unrelated to the beams though my glass is getting cloudy. I tried on of the headlight lens restoration products and it didn't really do anything but clean them. Has anyone replaced their headlight housings with an aftermarket? I saw these IPCW® CWC-CE22SR - Hummer H2 2003-2008 Chrome Euro Headlights with Skull
and thought they looked kool but I'd like some real feedback before I buy on the internet.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:20 AM

The LED lights I want are the same size and fitment like the ones you posted to. I don't think they will fit in our bezels. I was thinking of buying some used OEM headlights and cutting them to fit the traditional 7" sealed beam. The LED lights are super bright, draw half the power and have hi-low beams. They are made in USA by trucklite. I sell/install them in my shop for Harleys.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM

the trucklites will fit the bezel. i put them on my 06 h2 last weekend. look great and i love the brightness. you will have to buy the adapter to go from the h5 light to the h4 light. i bought both the lights and adapter plugs on amozon

Old 10-24-2013, 09:16 PM

frankieboy can you post part #'s. I did a quick search there and did not find the adapters. PIC to maybe
Thanks

Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM

I can do that tonight for you
I did a search for hummer headlights on amazon and found them.

Quick Reply: Installing HID's with a surprise