PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Installing HID's with a surprise

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Default Installing HID's with a surprise

So after looking at my new HID's in their box for the last month I finally was able to install them. Everything went alright. Only issue was the cables were just barley long enough. The look wicked nice, I went with DDM Tuning 35watt 5000k Bulbs and they look really white. I love the overall look. I also realized halfway through the installation I had hit a bird sometime the day before. Feathers and some organs marked the impact. Gotta love my Hummer!!! Wish I had better before pics but you get the idea. For reference the shed in the high beam pic is 150ft away.

Attached Thumbnails Installing HID's with a surprise-photo-1.jpg   Installing HID's with a surprise-photo-3.jpg   Installing HID's with a surprise-photo-4.jpg   Installing HID's with a surprise-photo-5.jpg   Installing HID's with a surprise-photo-2.jpg  

Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 PM

I've been using 35watt 6000k for two years now. Mine is also very bright makes my night driving much easier. It was very inexpensive upgrade

Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 PM

The HID's are awesome. I have installed them on all of my vehicles, including my motorcycle. On my H2, I have the 6000K 55Watt Bi-xenon system. They are awesome!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM

What does the average upgrade cost?

I found this but have absolutely no idea what to select for a complete setup:

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

Last edited by Man1nboat; 10-20-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:54 PM

i installed the DDM Tuning 55W 5k bi-xenon slim kit a year ago and never had any problems yet. My next mod is to install a morimoto projector lens http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=101 so the light output will have a clear cut and more focus.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
What does the average upgrade cost?

I found this but have absolutely no idea what to select for a complete setup:

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

Just select the bulb number.

For wattage you might as well spend the $10 and get the 55watt as they're 35% brighter I believe.

For bulb color the higher the Kelvin rating the bluer the light is. However 55 watt ballasts wash out some of the color so an 8000k 55watt kit will have a similar color to a 6000k 35 watt kit....if that isn't confusing.

Most people go with 4300k or 6000k. 8000k and up have too much blue for some. I have 55watt 8000's in mine and I'm thinking about buying new bulbs and drop down to the 6k's.

You DO NOT need mounting brackets, adapters, or error code eliminator.

YOU DO NEED the optional relay harness. If you don't use the relay harness the HID's may flicker, not turn on, or only 1 turn on. With the relay harness you will have 100% functionality.

I've installed countless DDM kits in vehicles over the years from co-workers to friends of mine.

Good luck and let me know if you need any further help!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:31 PM

i had a set of hids on my 06 h2 but had problems. when it got dark all running lights came on but headlights did not. i put oem lights back in and all worked as should. dealer that i bought them from replaced both balest. still same result, no headlights at night time. they then replaced relay. same thing agian. no headlights. they said they would replace bulbs but i desided to just replace everything to led. just put them in today. cant wait to see the outcome. hids will sit on shelf i guess.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Just select the bulb number.

For wattage you might as well spend the $10 and get the 55watt as they're 35% brighter I believe.

For bulb color the higher the Kelvin rating the bluer the light is. However 55 watt ballasts wash out some of the color so an 8000k 55watt kit will have a similar color to a 6000k 35 watt kit....if that isn't confusing.

Most people go with 4300k or 6000k. 8000k and up have too much blue for some. I have 55watt 8000's in mine and I'm thinking about buying new bulbs and drop down to the 6k's.

You DO NOT need mounting brackets, adapters, or error code eliminator.

YOU DO NEED the optional relay harness. If you don't use the relay harness the HID's may flicker, not turn on, or only 1 turn on. With the relay harness you will have 100% functionality.

I've installed countless DDM kits in vehicles over the years from co-workers to friends of mine.

Good luck and let me know if you need any further help!
Exactly,

Like you said (for example) 5000k with 35watts is pure white, but 5000k with 55watts is white with a hint of blue. Also DO NOT order the wiring harness because you don't use it (If your getting the HID's on High's/Low's). Didn't need it at all.

Sadly the mounting brackets were useful (for me)

Ill put up the pic of my set-up LoJac, only because i'm not sure how hot it will get and it might be too close.

I paid $77.92. The Cables are a bit short so that sux

Old 10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Default Hid

Great Thread. I want to put in HID lights because i think the OEM lights really arent bright enough. I think its a trait of large trucks. 2003 King Ranch F350 $x$ had terrible lights. The info here is great. Amazon has HID kits that fit My H2, but they suggest the computer warning cancelled and anti flicker and then a H11 relay Harness. The light kit is a Kensun 6000k 55w. Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, Im sure i saw someone install HID running lights in the front bumper.
Thanks

Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM

Thanks Lokac et Al!!

Quick Reply: Installing HID's with a surprise