PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Default RE: ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

When I got my H3 back from the dealer today, I had about 225 miles on a half tank of gas. My mileage keeps going up without the lightbar on.

Alas, it just wasn't the same without my good old light bar, so, as soon as I got it home, I re-installed it. This time, however, I moved it back a few inches. In theory, the wind deflected off the windshield should flow somewhat over the bar instead of right into it like it was doing the last time. I'll find out in the morning when I go to work. I'm going to fill up also and see if the mileage stays good or drops again with it on. It should be interesting.
What did you end up doing about the rusty bar mounts? Did you just clean em up? Or paint?

Old 03-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Default RE: ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

When I got my H3 back from the dealer today, I had about 225 miles on a half tank of gas. My mileage keeps going up without the lightbar on.

Alas, it just wasn't the same without my good old light bar, so, as soon as I got it home, I re-installed it. This time, however, I moved it back a few inches. In theory, the wind deflected off the windshield should flow somewhat over the bar instead of right into it like it was doing the last time. I'll find out in the morning when I go to work. I'm going to fill up also and see if the mileage stays good or drops again with it on. It should be interesting.
Where did you get the light bar? And ... how was the install, I am interested despite your MPG potential troubles.

Thanks much!