PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Default RE: ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"

Good cleanup job. Light bar looks much better. Hope it gets back on you truck!

Old 02-19-2007, 12:28 AM

Bob why don't you send the brackets out to get chromed while you have the bar off the truck? I wouldn't think that it would cost to much just for them.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 AM

That's a pretty damn good idea.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

I would do that, but it took me such a long time to get the alignment correct for the brackets, I honestly don't want to mess with it.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Not to be a dick or anything, but does anyone actually liky the look of that light bar? I think it looks like crap. You could make a nicer one yourself, and probably make it much more aerodynamic.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: brachilius

Not to be a dick or anything, but does anyone actually liky the look of that light bar? I think it looks like crap. You could make a nicer one yourself, and probably make it much more aerodynamic.
Saying your not a **** didn't stop you from posting like one, friend! While you may not care for it, some people think it looks great, and Hummerguy obviously put some work into it. No need to trash peoples rides/mods around here. Suggesting improvements is one thing, but that was uncalled for. Sometimes it's better to leave things left unsaid if your not positively contributing. I'm pretty open minded, but even I gotta call you on this one.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 PM

Mama always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." You should take Mama's advice.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

I did make it myself [sm=headbang.gif]

I bought a universal one from ebay and made the brackets. I had to do it that way because I would not have had any clearance in my parking garage at work if I would get a normal one. They are too high on the roof. I don't like the factory ones because to me two lights that aren't aimable is kinda pointless, but they look nice.

Don't worry, I don't take things personal [sm=teetertooter.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for watching my back guys! [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

When I got my H3 back from the dealer today, I had about 225 miles on a half tank of gas. My mileage keeps going up without the lightbar on.

Alas, it just wasn't the same without my good old light bar, so, as soon as I got it home, I re-installed it. This time, however, I moved it back a few inches. In theory, the wind deflected off the windshield should flow somewhat over the bar instead of right into it like it was doing the last time. I'll find out in the morning when I go to work. I'm going to fill up also and see if the mileage stays good or drops again with it on. It should be interesting.

Quick Reply: ImportKiller, my bad mileage, and "Lightbar 2.0"