PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Importing H2 to Australia Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Default Importing H2 to Australia Questions

Hey guys,

As per the title, I am making some enquiries regarding the possibility of importing a H2. If it is viable to do so, it would give me a massively greater range of vehicles to possibly choose from, since there are thousands selling over with you guys in the US at the moment.

Does anyone (particularly any aussie owners that have done it) know rough costs to do so, and possibly any associated pitfalls?

Are there companies that are able to source vehicles, and are they able to ensure that the vehicles are in good condition without a pile of problems, mechanical or otherwise?

The main problem that concerns me is the fact that I wont be able to inspect it myself, and I really don't want to outlay a large amount of money and end up with a dud that has been smashed offroad all its life, or has a pile of expensive mechanical issues that would need to be repaired.

Just from taking a quick look at an online US car site, 2008 models seem to be anywhere from USD$30-$40k or so.

If I am able to get it organised, I would be looking to get a black 2008 model. I think conversion here is anywhere from $30k-$40k, but the companies I have emailed haven't responded yet.

On top of the conversion would be import fees, and I am guessing possibly other things such as taxes etc.

I am trying to budget myself to $60k-$70k or so all up, although I am not sure if that is being unrealistic to get a good condition '08 or similar model.

If anyone is able to provide advice about this method I would really appreciate it.

Thanks all for your time and input, take it easy.

Shawn.