PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I'm considering an H3

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:40 PM

[quote=TAINTER;249744]Youkonho: Congrats on the new rig! If you want to wheel your new H3 send me a PM with your email address. We ( about 10 of us) try to get out at least every month. Rocks & Valleys, Drummond Island, Etc. Where are you located?

Hey Tainter!! For some reason, probably because I'm new here, I can not send you a email or PM. I would love to join up with your group!! I'm in the Lansing area. We do go to the Sand Dunes in Mears quite a bit. As far as trails I have not been on many. Just the Hummer events of the past in Grayling.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Maybe after I post a few times I will earn the right to be able to email and PM!!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:42 PM

Tainter - I changed my info so I can receive emails form members now. Give it a try and I will get back with you.

Old 05-07-2011, 12:50 AM

The louver is just a plastic piece of junk imo, I kept looking at it and the caveman part of my brain decided to pull on it a bit to see if what I had originally thought and... yep, they just placed a "chrome" one over the original, disgusting.

But hey got it off and my hood looks great ! The chrome junk got slightly cracked in the process so I doubt it's use to anyone now.

Problem now is that the side mirrors, door handles and those things on the corner of the hood by the windshield all have the chrome pieces taped? on the inside (don't know what to call it) and has a death grip on the original parts. There is a little wiggle in some of the pieces but I know I can't just tug on it without breaking something.

Is there a solution to weakening that super adhesive "tape"?
Also, I uploaded a recording of that dinging sound that occurs when the engine is just starting up to heat up (tho it's a lot quieter and slower paced) and when it's turned off (when I recorded), new car, new sounds, but this still sounds weird to me

Voice0046.mp3

Last edited by GuestWho; 05-07-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:09 AM

I'll add a few things. Over 100K miles and we still have it. Simple issues and as of yet no dealer trips. We've done a few long trips and I hate the freakin door pulls!! I'm a lanky bastid and have very little knee room. If you smoke it's the worst vehicle in the world for using the window as an ashtray. You never know when it's going to just blow in on you. Cargo space does suck, bigtime! I also have a 2002 Grand Cherokee and there's no comparison. The rear seats don't fold flat enough for sizeable stuff. All in all I find it to be phenomenal in poor weather. I seldom to never use anything but the standard AWD. It's a Lux/Adv version and I learned why kids like bass with this Monsoon system. As I drive MI interstates I notice that no matter how fast you drive people need to pass you...IN A HURRY! I never get that in my other rigs, even the dually. I've clocked the speedometer to check if it lies, nope. So 75-80 is not fast enough for an H3. Get used to it and return the gestures.

We change oil regularly based on the info center in the dash. I've towed my sleds north several times and never had any traction or control issues, even loaded. Driving one of these make you feel good in some way, EXCEPT FOR THAT DAMM DOOR PULL!!! Anyways, enjoy your new rig. The positives outweight the negatives.