PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I'm considering an H3

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM

If it's not a Rubicon it's not going to be any better offroad, nor is it as nice to drive. What the Wrangler Unlimited does have over any Hummer is a either a removable hard top or convertible soft top (or both). I had a soft top Wrangler for a while when I was living in South Florida - it was great to drop the top or run a bikini top, on nice days (when it wasn't so hot and humid you HAD to run A/C or be damp, hot and miserable).

Old 04-14-2011, 03:05 PM

Of course, for my driving the h3 is suited best hands down, hoping to get to the dealer next week and check it out. They have a 2008 with 26k miles and currently listed for $25k (tho it's only base, wish it was adventure just because!).

Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by GuestWho
Of course, for my driving the h3 is suited best hands down, hoping to get to the dealer next week and check it out. They have a 2008 with 26k miles and currently listed for $25k (tho it's only base, wish it was adventure just because!).
$25k sounds pretty high for an '08 base model with 26k miles. If you can get them to come down $3k-$5k that's more reasonable.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
??? compared to a Jeep Unlimited it's fricken GIANT!
Gotta disagree. We have both an H3 & a Wrangler Unlimited - the Jeep has dramatically more cargo space. This is based on both experience and the manufacturers' specs.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Banned

yeah,no space,i pulled my back seats completly to try to get room for mountain bike. still need to pull the front wheel to make it easy.
two people on a trip with a coupla bags and a cooler and you're loaded.

its made for driving fun,,,not space.
i could drive my minivan!! no way

Old 04-16-2011, 10:44 AM

Another option

Attached Thumbnails I'm considering an H3-carrier.jpg  
Old 04-16-2011, 11:03 AM

Are you nuts? Read this forum. You will see that Hummers (H2 & H3) are full of problems.

The engines are small and fragile, the gas mileage SUCKS, the interiors are made of cheap plastic, the leather seats wear out right away, the drive train won't stand up, and you can't even get a bicycle in the back with all the seats removed.

Go buy a Toyota. They are boring as hell, but if the psycho accelerator and the disappearing brakes don't kill you, they last forever.

On the positive side, Hummers are way cool. They drive and handle like a sports car. They are the most sure footed vehicle in snow and rain that I have ever driven. Did I mention REALLY cool and chicks love them? They climb obstacles that a Jeep or Land Rover can't. They go offroad (Adventure series) where no stock vehicle has been before. Driving a Hummer gives you a feeling of pity for everyone on the road not in a Hummer. Plus, Hummers are the coolest vehicles on the planet.

I can't think of another vehicle, regardless of price, that I would trade my Hummer for.

So, go buy a Toyota.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 AM

I know your post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but a stock Rubicon will out wheel any stock H2/H3 in most terrain. SFA and sway bar disconnect at the touch of a button - just can't beat that with a normal IFS (H1's are setup way different and get around the limitations).

Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
I know your post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but a stock Rubicon will out wheel any stock H2/H3 in most terrain. SFA and sway bar disconnect at the touch of a button - just can't beat that with a normal IFS (H1's are setup way different and get around the limitations).
Somewhat?

Yeah, I know the Rubicon has some goodies that my H3 doesn't have, but if I pick the course, I'll leave the "Rube" in the dust.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by atv jr
Somewhat?

Yeah, I know the Rubicon has some goodies that my H3 doesn't have, but if I pick the course, I'll leave the "Rube" in the dust.

Some people really believe the H3 is better than a Rubicon in any offroad situation. For me, my H3 can get me anywhere I want to go, and in more comfort than any Wrangler, making it the "better" wheeler. Kinda like Mustang vs. Camaro. They play leapfrog of who is the fastest, but as long as it's fast enough does it really matter that some other car is faster? Same with the H3 for me, offroad it's good enough to get me anywhere I want to go - doesn't matter to me that a Rubicon can do some things better. Sure, I'd rather my H3 had SFA with electronic sway bar disconnects (at a slight expense of on-road manners), but the overall package is what best meets my needs.

Except for the storage space thing once the wife dumps our Avalanche, which is why after only 5 or so months I'm looking to trade-in my H3 for an H3t... Why couldn't she tell me before I bought the H3 that she wanted to dump the Avalanche??

Quick Reply: I'm considering an H3