PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I'm back

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default I'm back

I'm sick, exhausted and broke. That about sums it up. It took me 11 hours to install a garage door opener, used my H3 as a scafold which caused me to dent the roof a bit , moved half the apartment myself because my wife got really sick, drank some bad water that made me sick now, but I think I'll be ok. We installed chair rail on most of the bottom floor, painted pretty much every room, and moved everything with a uHaul trailer. Now hopefully I can avoid getting really sick. The water out here is nasty. I bought a water softener I have yet to install, and will probably have to get some kind of filtration system. For the most part I'm done with everything. Hopefully I can get my happy *** to work tomorrow.

On a side note, my differential bushings are, in fact, broke again, just like I thought. It's gotten worse over the last week, same symptoms, jerking, clanking, etc. I'm going to try to take it on Saturday. I'm nowhere near my dealer anymore. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed under warranty. 11 days straight of nothing but physical work. I lost about 8 lbs in that time. I hope you guys all had a good Thanksgiving.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Default RE: I'm back

I hear ya. I hate moving. Way too much work.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:23 PM

That's some thanksgiving LOL!

Old 11-27-2006, 01:46 PM
JM

I hope you and your wife will enjoy the new house for a lot of years to come.

BTW, be careful, when they got a new house they start thinking about children

Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 PM

I'd argue that thought process ... moved in to my new house last December and the first thing that came to my mind was ... "We better not have any kids right now or we'll be starving for the next 12 months" LOL!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM

Glad you're getting finally settled in and sorry for all the hassles you and the wife are going/gone through.

Bit of advice for the next house..two words:

Turn Key!

Old 11-27-2006, 03:53 PM

11 hours to install a garage door opener, Bob Villa you ain't

Old 11-27-2006, 03:54 PM

Hehehehee ... First house and you build!?!? What the hell were you thinking!?? Ohh yeah .. wait .. I did the same thing too ... If nothing else it's a hell of a way to ensure you NEVER do it again LOL! The thought of going through all that hassle for another house ... noway ... LOL!

Old 11-27-2006, 07:56 PM

Welcome back. Now stand back and take a deep breath.Name:  goaround.gif
Views: 23
Size:  2.8 KB

Old 11-28-2006, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

I spoke too soon. I caught something nasty. I can't breath very well right now. I'm searching for a damn hospital in this farmland I now live in and can't freakin find one! I have asthma for the first time in years. My glands feel like they are the size of peaches. I thought I would wait to see my doctor tomorrow but I don't know if I can wait that long. Being in the corn sucks. I used to have hospitals all over the place. Now I have to drive 15 miles to find one. BLAH I had to share this while I am searching for salvation [&:]

Quick Reply: I'm back