PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

If you were born before 79

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Default If you were born before 79

Those Born 1930-1979
READ TO THE BOTTOM FOR QUOTE OF THE MONTH BY JAY LENO. IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE---VERY WELL STATED

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and
NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because,
WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
[font=georgia]

[i][b][i][font=georgia][color=#000000][size=3]No one was able to reach us all day. And we were

Old 02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Default RE: If you were born before 79

man..ain't that the truth!! I fight with the Mrs. all the time cause she coddles the kids. He can't go play outside...it's muddy...ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!? Thats the best time to go play for a little boy....she'll understand some day I hope.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:45 PM

This new generation is a disaster in every aspects, I mean obesity is at an all time high, the government does not let kids use bb guns, everything seems to be regulated and if it isnt regulated it is probably not right to do...I thought technology was supposed to make life better, all we are doing is creating a generation of lazy good for nothing fat f**ks that are of no use to society.....[sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-10-2008, 09:49 PM

BTW, you forgot lead paint

Old 02-10-2008, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: GorillaH2
BTW, you forgot lead paint
Oh it's in there, up top with the crib covered in lead based paint

Old 02-10-2008, 10:14 PM

ha you guys think thats bad?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Kids don't have much of a chance these days. I have fought with have my kids teachers over what they teach and the other half don't teach anything. Fortunately my oldest daughter is pretty stronged willed and opinionated and has stood up to several professors in college. She has most of this stuff figured out pretty well. Now I am still hoping that my 16 year old comes around. I will say that for the most part, and there are exceptions, the kids today absolutely do not have the resiliency that we did.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:49 PM

Those were THE DAYS!!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 07:11 AM

And if see the lastest batch of tv and movies that are coming out, everything is being dumbed down. Just look at the game shows on tv today, you don't even have to answer trivia questions anymore!!!! Just pick a number on a case. The most troubling part of all this is that they are our future leaders?!

Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Kids are really getting to be pussies now a days.... My favorite is when you tell them to stop doing something in a calm voice and they say "Why?"

or... in my house I got a "No" once.... followed by yelling and crying...

Quick Reply: If you were born before 79