PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

If you know your stuff then please tell me what you think..

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Default If you know your stuff then please tell me what you think..

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site but already love it. Everyone here helping fellow Hummer owners is wonderful. You guys have some great looking trucks. Got a few questions so who ever has some ideas please share them. I have an '06 H3. I want bigger tires and more power. I dont want a lift so what is the biggest tire i can go without rubbing.I know adjusting torsion bolts i can level the front but is it worth it or does it do more harm than good. I guess what i am looking for is a tire to make the H3 look beefy and fill up the wheel wells. Also when i get bigger tires should i get new shocks and will they maybe raise or level the truck and what is a good all around shock. Trying to get the most bang for bucks. On to power, i would like to add something simple and cheap of course to get some more power.Already did the K&N thing. Thanks guys for all the help I know i am going to get.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:41 PM

Welcome!

If you are intrested in power, I wouldn't go overboard with huge, heavy tires.

Look for something like Goodyear's new DuraTrac in their 285 size. It's a good compromise for all around performance and looks.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fishin301
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site but already love it. Everyone here helping fellow Hummer owners is wonderful. You guys have some great looking trucks. Got a few questions so who ever has some ideas please share them. I have an '06 H3. I want bigger tires and more power. I dont want a lift so what is the biggest tire i can go without rubbing.I know adjusting torsion bolts i can level the front but is it worth it or does it do more harm than good. I guess what i am looking for is a tire to make the H3 look beefy and fill up the wheel wells. Also when i get bigger tires should i get new shocks and will they maybe raise or level the truck and what is a good all around shock. Trying to get the most bang for bucks. On to power, i would like to add something simple and cheap of course to get some more power.Already did the K&N thing. Thanks guys for all the help I know i am going to get.
Welcome.

I think you should run some searches. Try this thread https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...light=leveling

Try searching "H3 performance" for your performance reading pleasure.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 PM

thanks for that link on leveling.great info there.now i atleast know what direction to head into

Old 08-03-2009, 10:25 PM

thank you

Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 PM

I went from the stock to 315/75/16 KM2's and lost a bit of start going power- but once shes going I don't see any difference, but the nice hummmmm'n noise she makes...
No lift- torschin bar adjustment only ) WORTH IT

Attached Thumbnails If you know your stuff then please tell me what you think..-huming3-001-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 07:21 AM

A larger diameter tire will not only lose you performance but also MPG and braking distance.
Keep the diameter the same by using a lower profile tire.

Bob

Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 PM

Welcome. It is a very "friendly" forum. Good luck with your inquiries.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Welcome! First off, I think you need to be honest with yourself and decide if you are going to be using your rig off road or if it is going to be a good looking pavement pounder.

I use mine off road and for daily commuting. I went with a 315/75/r16 (basically a 35" x 12") Dick Cepek Mountain Cat tire. Awesome off road tire but your MPG's will suffer, and you will loose a little power. To compensate for the power loss I did the K&N air filter, kept the original air box because it is very well designed, then I swapped out my spark plugs for E3 spark plugs and did oil change to Royal Purple and K&N oil filter. These simple mods gave me my power back and it feels just like before I put the big tires on! I suggest those spark plugs to anyone! I also leveled my front and bed-lined my grill and fenders!

If you go off road you do not want to fill up all your fender gap! But for only street driving it can look cool. Me personally, I feel that Hummer's are meant for off road but there is a very diverse group of people that own these wonderful machines so do what you think makes it your own!

Old 09-06-2009, 09:30 PM

If you're going with a bigger tire, wouldn't you need to re gear? I can't imagine changing spark plugs and filters make up of loss of torque change in RPM. Maybe I'm wrong, I do come from a Jeep background and I don't have spark plugs.

Quick Reply: If you know your stuff then please tell me what you think..